Job Title: Lab Technician
Location: Mooresboro, NC/ Chesnee, SC
Pay: $21/hr plus 8% annual bonus
Industry: Industrial Manufacturing (chemicals, metals)
Status of hire: full-time, direct hire, hourly
TRS is seeking a Lab Technician to join their team of experience professionals in the northern Spartanburg, SC area. The successful candidate will work with the most up to date equipment and in a highly technical chemicals / process environment.
Essential Job Duties
• Prepare and analyze industrial waste raw materials for specific metals and organic/carbon content.
• Prepare and analyze finished product samples for metals and carbon content.
• Analyze high purity metal powders for impurity content.
• Maintain Laboratory Standards and Quality Control Check standards.
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or other related science with at least 12 course hours of Chemistry (inorganic/organic). Some coursework in analytical chemistry a plus.
• Hands on experience with analytical balances, manual pipettors, and volumetric glassware. Ability to accurately measure weights and volumes with minimal errors.
• Experience working safely with strong acids and hazardous chemicals in a controlled environment.
• Ability to apply basis laboratory math and calculate simple dilutions. Understand both solid and liquid unit conversions.
• Ability to stand for extended periods in the work environment. Ability to lift/carry 30 pounds.
• 0.5-3 years of work experience in a production/process laboratory environment.
• Work or college lab experience with ICP-optical emissions spectroscopy (ICP-OES), Flame Atomic Absorption (FAA), or ICP-Mass Spectroscopy. Prefer applicants with some basic maintenance, or daily upkeep experience. Perkin-Elmer or Agilent systems preferred.
• Experience with Mettler-Toledo automated titration systems, or similar auto-titration systems. Experience in operation and maintenance/upkeep preferred.
• Experience with one or more of the following TGA, Carbon analysis by Thermal IR, and Chloride/Fluoride titration.
• Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking to issues in the laboratory.
• Experience in receiving samples, managing a sample list, and/or data entry a definite bonus. LIMS familiarity also a major plus.
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, regardless of authorization or visa transfer
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, and respirator test/physical to be eligible for hire
**Local candidates only, at this time
Our latest jobs
$110,000 - $130,000
Ciudad de México
$100k base plus commissions and bonus; total comp expected to be $150-200k
120000 - 140000
60,000 - 70,000
75,000 - 85,000