FUNCTION: MECHANICAL ENGINEER (AUTOMOTIVE)
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE ON EXPERIENCE
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“WE ARE RECRUITING!!! Due to increased current and future workload with our diverse client base, TRS Durban is recruiting technical / engineering professionals to work in Durban and Cape Town."
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in the design, manufacture, distribution, marketing, sales and after-sales care of cars and other commercial vehicles.
- Will work on the aesthetics and technical performance of these vehicles and, increasingly, the electronics and software involved with modern vehicles.
- Assessing project requirements.
- Agreeing and negotiating project budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers.
- Developing and implementing test procedures.
- Building prototypes of components to carry out tests on.
- Organising and carrying out tests, eg to check whether engines will work in different conditions, such as high temperatures.
- Interpreting and analysing results and data.
- Sourcing vehicle components and selecting the best materials to use.
- Providing technical advice and answering queries from clients.
- Using specialist computer modelling software to produce designs.
- Making improvements to vehicles in response to customer feedback.
- Investigating and solving problems, eg mechanical failures.
- Working closely with suppliers.
- Writing reports and documentation.
- Giving presentations.
- Undertaking relevant research.
- Supervising junior staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSc/Btech Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field.
- 12+ years of experience working in engineering.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience desiging mechanical systems and products.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software packages preferable.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
Tanya De Bruyn
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ladson, SC / Summerville, SC
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
19 February 2020
07 February 2020