Specific tasks for the Mechanical Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
• Analyses and calculations in the preparation and review of final detailed working drawings, comparative cost analysis, Request for Proposals (RFPs), and project specifications for a wide variety of facility types for multi-discipline and/or mechanical engineering projects.
• Performance of Quality Control and Quality Assurance and reviews of drawings. specifications. calculations. cost estimates, and studies by other engineers.
• Attend post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (PAK). Pre-construction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meeting. design review meetings, weekly progress meetings, and Facility Turnover Planning Meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone).
• Review and approve contractor's submittals for conformance with the requirements of the contract drawings and specifications. Review and approve shop drawings. sample s of materials and components, catalog information, certificates of compliance. Value Engineering Change Proposals (VECPs); and provide technical responses to Requests for Information (RFls).
• Ensure requests for deviations or changes to any terms and conditions of the contract are coordinated and approved as appropriate with PM, CM, and contracting officer.
• Visit construction sites to monitor progress and resolve construction issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to perform constructability reviews on solicitation packages whether they consist of performance and prescriptive requirements for design-build procurements or plans and specifications for design- bid-build procurements.
• Ability to provide independent, timely, and professional specialized mechanical engineering products. services and consultation for the planning engineering, design, construction and maintenance of facilities
• Ability to apply new developments or experimental theories in mechanic al engineering to problems not readily treatable by conventionally accepted methods
• Mastery of advanced concepts. principles and practices in mechanical engineering that enables them to serve as a recognized subject matter expert. Application of engineering skills to effectively assess customer's requirements and develop innovative solutions.
• Knowledge of NEBB (National Environment Balancing Bureau). and AABC (Associated Air Balance Council)
• Knowledge of related architectural and engineering fields and the associated impacts as related to mechanical engineering design.
• Ability to interpret specifications /drawings and project requirements as outlined in technical manuals and in pertinent sections of the contract drawings/specifications.
• Ability to thoroughly evaluate systems installations compliance with the design intent and provides the desired levels of system performance.
• Knowledge of mechanical trades required to install and maintain HVAC especially electrical and plumbing system components.
• Knowledge of the methods and materials of duct air leakage tests, TABS, PVT / FPT, duct and piping systems, pipe flushing, cleaning and chemical treatment, and pressure testing.
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or certified equivalent).
• A minimum of 10 years of Experience as an Engineer on commercial/Industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued in excess of $10 million.
• Experience may include HVAC, Piping, Plumbing, ventilation systems
• Must be Registered PE
• Experience with P6
• Experience with the use of Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, mechanical engineering design and analysis software, including analysis and energy modeling software, and other applicable DoD computer systems and software used.
• Knowledge of local. state. federal, and foreign country laws, codes, and other statutory requirements affecting mechanical engineering throughout the area of responsibility.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodriguez; email: email@example.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
$100000 - $110000
Hollywood South Carolina
Fort Wainwright Alaska