United States Summerville
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design and develop components, equipment, and systems to satisfy technical, timeline, cost, quality and customer requirements
- Continuous improvement of products via design enhancements, cost down measures and quality improvements that improve customer satisfaction
- Address customer and supplier driven change requests and warranty issues relating to our products
- Complete, research, design layouts, feasibility studies, cost analyses to justify design improvements
- Facilitate regular design reviews with cross functional teams for any new designs
- Create & check 3D layouts, models, detailed drawings, Bills of Materials, & engineering changes requests
- Perform basic design analysis and tolerance studies to ensure design quality is achieved
- Ensure that designs meet customer, technical, legal, and safety requirements
- Assist with test planning, prototype fabrications and builds to validate any new designs
- Collaborate with other departments including Sourcing, Production, Quality and Customer Support
- Regularly present status of design activities, and any open issues to Engineering managers
- Communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
- 3+ years’ experience developing mechanical, structural and or hydraulic systems for mobile/heavy equipment
- Proficient at mechanical design using 3D-CAD (Siemens NX, preferred)
- Experience with manufacturing processes, design to cost (DTC) and value analysis (VA)
- Experience with bill of material management with ERP system (SAP, preferred)
- Experience with design of sheet metal parts, welded structures, and machining practices
- Experience with design analysis and tolerance stack-ups
- Effective collaboration skills with diverse, and multinational colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or comparable field required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 18 Hourly
United States Houston
$ 20 Hourly
United States Florence
United States Hillsboro
United States Chandler
United States Greenville
United States Spartanburg
United States Venura
$ 25 Per Hour
United States Aliso Viejo
16 February 2024