This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job Title: North American Human Resources Manager
Location: Charleston, SC
Industry: automotive manufacturing
Reports To: Managing Director – Commercial
Compensation: $130-145k and full relocation as needed
Direct Reports: EHS, Training, Assistant HR Manager, 4 generalists (12 staff total)
% Travel: 10% annually with at least 1 trip to MI/year
As a member of the management team, the Human Resources Manager with business and human resources functional leadership will spearhead the planning and implementation of human resources initiatives for the organization. In addition to leading the human resources function, the Human Resources Director will lead the Safety, Health, and Environmental aspects of the organization for North America.
The successful candidate will have:
- Organizational Development and Effectiveness Consultation - Assess organizational performance strengths and gaps by conducting comprehensive assessments, interpreting data and engaging leaders to improve employee engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Human Resources Consulting - Collaborates with business leaders in applying business and Human Resources functional knowledge to interpret the business environment, identifies and prioritizes current and future problems requiring solutions; structures clear problem statements, breaking down issues into smaller, meaningful and manageable components that when addressed, provide a holistic solution.
- Human Resources Business Process Execution - Manages the execution of Human Resources business processes, seeking efficiency, accuracy, positive business performance outcomes and operational agility; integrates activities across processes as needed; assures compliance with process and legal requirements; effectively balances process requirements and business leader needs.
- Lead Safety, Health, and Environmental program
- Evaluates needs, direct development of programs and ensure delivery of identified education and training
- Drive programs that reinforce employee engagement and enhance employee morale and productivity
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Drive Continuous Improvement in standard work; seek out opportunities to improve processes
- Oversees implementation of programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to standards
- Serve as the primary contact for all public relations activities
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 or more years in a strategic Human Resources Management role with direct reports covering multiple functions (including HSE) in a manufacturing facility
- Prior experience with HR acquisition integration, reorganization/restructure, change management, working with Senior Business Leaders
- Proven strategic vision and history of successful policy and procedure implementation
- PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check to be eligible for hire
Our latest jobs
R5000 - R8000 per month basic (plus benefits)
Durban, South Africa
R8000.00 - R15000.00 per month basic (plus benefits)
Durban, South Africa