Job Title: PI & Liability Unerwriter
Contract/ Perm: Perm
Essential functions (in no particular order)
• Must have Matric and be FAIS compliant
• Must have Liability and /or Professional Indemnity Background
• Preferably studying towards Insurance qualification
• Must have attention to detail
• Must be able to work on Word and Excel
• Must be able to handle pressurized environment
• Teamwork a must
• 2+yrs experience
• Ensuring that policies and amendments are issued without error within 2 days.
• Checking all documentation to ensure correctness before processing.
• Renewal and new business processing and issuing of Quotations
• Ensure all Renewal & Renewal Invites are done timeously.
• Processing endorsements.
• Handling queries from Credit Control department.
• Cancellation of policies.
• Handling queries from brokers – Turnaround time of 24 hours
• General correspondence with broker via e-mail, fax or telephone.
• Diarize issues that need to be followed up.
• Ensure filing of closings and schedules according to AC & E procedure. General office administration.
• Develop relationships with clients and ensure high level of service
• Assist with streamlining processes in the underwriting department
• Assist with underwriting queries internal and external – Turnaround time 24 hours
• Comply with the PI & Liability Treaty arrangement
• Ensure all risks are written within our Treaty limits
• Perform all other functions as required or requested within reason from time to time
Skills, knowledge and other requirements
• Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong attention to thoroughness and detail.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately to unexpected challenges and shifting priorities.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Create a “solution-based” environment.
• Ability to conduct basic online research.
• Knowledge and interest in development issues.
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work and communicate within a culturally diverse environment.
• Proficient in MS programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Completes tasks in a timely and cost-effective way.
• Respond promptly and always in a professional manner.
• Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness.
• Pursues thoroughness and appropriate detail.
• Sets high standards and monitors compliance.
• Communicates clearly and conveys intended meaning keeping records of these.
• Facilitates appropriate information flow and PR amongst all staff.
• Prioritises many demands without losing focus.
Requirements: Experience and education
• AIISA or working towards completing of qualification
• FAIS compliant
• Must have Liability underwriting experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience.
• Salary negotiable depending on experience. We have no gender or age preferences and are more interested in the competence of the person.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.