Country/Region: Canada Location: Montréal
Level of experience: 10-15 years
Industry: Rail Field: Engineering
Type of Contract: Permanent
Salary: 100,000-150,000 CAD + Excellent Benefits & Bonus Structure
(Negotiable depending on experience).
An international consulting engineering group and world leader in the design of transport infrastructures. Are in need of a Senior Project Cost Control Manager, for a role based in Montreal, Canada.
You would be working as part of an engineering and consulting firm whose primary focus is to offer transportation solutions, whether for passengers or goods: feasibility studies of building a new railway line, increasing the capacity of the existing infrastructure, privatization of a railway. Apply now to be part of a world leading organization within its field.
As part of the Transit business unit's transport projects (metros, tramways, electric buses, etc.), under the responsibility of the Project Director, the CAPEX Estimator is responsible for estimating the construction costs of linear urban transport infrastructure projects. He builds his estimates with the technical resources assigned to the project, which provide him with the design and quantitative plans to facilitate his work.
General and specific responsibilities:
• Prepares cost estimates of materials, supplies, labour and equipment required for the construction of projects based on bids, price estimates, plans and specifications;
• Advise clients on financial packages to encourage competitive and qualitative construction bids;
• Study and analyze the bids received, recommend their acceptance and support the negotiation of contracts;
• Set up and maintain bidding, monitoring and reporting systems and procedures;
• Develop and maintain a database of unit prices and references of project construction costs;
• Prepares statements and forecasts of costs and expenses at regular intervals during the life of the project;
• Prepares and maintains directories of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors;
• Communicates, liaises and consults with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors and prepares economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates;
• Manages and coordinates construction projects and prepares progress reports.
• DEC in civil engineering or construction technique or equivalent;
• Minimum 10 years of experience in similar positions;
• Certification issued by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, an asset;
• Fluency in French (spoken, read and written);
• Proficiency in English (spoken, read and written), an asset;
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
• Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment;
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills;
• Ability to organize and plan work;
• Methodical, rigorous and proactive;
• Interest in acquiring, applying and transmitting new knowledge; Creative and innovative spirit.
If interested and would like additional information on this role, then please do not hesitate to reach out to the Account Manager Ahmed Farah, at firstname.lastname@example.org to take the next steps!
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
$90000 - $100000
CA$90000 - CA$100000
Vancouver British Columbia
$150000 - $185000
Los Angeles California
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Del. Benito Juárez Distrito Federal
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
20 November 2020