Greenville South Carolina
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job Description The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and client's profitability of the completed project. This position performs project management responsibilities on a small low risk engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) sized (as defined by the Business Line) or services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities. When assigned to only a segment of a larger project, this role develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team.
• Verify with Project Director (PD) that Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project
• Review the client's contract and any relevant subcontracts
• Collaborate in the preparation of the documents associated with the execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations, client's Operating System Requirements (OSR) and the relevant Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP)
• Prepare draft for PD approval of the project baseline (as defined in the OSR) and ensure that it is fully documented, updated throughout all project phases, and communicated to the client's project team
• Support the PD to deliver the project in accordance with the project execution and commercial baselines
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements • Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and seven (7) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal eleven (11) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements • As a manufacturing project manager, you use project management skills to coordinate project timelines, schedules, and equipment, as well as ensure that safety guidelines are met and potential risks are eliminated. You may also provide project status reports to clients and handle any changes to project plans.
• In-depth knowledge of food processing plants and technologies, or similar industries. Corn and Wheat snack food capital expansion experience a plus.
• Small to medimum capital projects experience is required, specifically in the food manufacturing industry
• Technical competence - Food Processing systems & equipment, facility construction and/or Utility systems.
• Thorough understanding of OSHA,USDA, HACCP, FSIS, Food Safety and other requirements.
• Understanding of project management principles, proven ability to develop budgets and effectively manage financial, physical and human resources, proven knowledge of technology and information systems
• Utilize Knowledge Management processes to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
• Support the projects by providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities
• Participate in sales and marketing efforts as requested
Preferred Qualifications • Experience with Microsoft Project
• Needs to be able to develop their own schedules
• Understands cost reports
• Can handle change management
• Able to develop construction estimates
• Needs to be comfortable working in a fast paced scheduled driven work environment
• Able to execute small project in the $5 million TIC range on their own
• Lean Manufacturing background a plus
• Project Management and Process Engineering experience within the food consumer products industry is a plus.
• Ability to assess and understand complex operations and systems to support production operations.
• Working with Corporate Engineering staff, plant staffs and other functions, perform design development, cost estimates, capital expenditure requests and process improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in different fields ensuring adherence to proper protocols, practices, and meet timelines.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Food Sciences or related field from an accredited curriculum is preferred
• Formal training and certification in the recognized project management methodology PMI
• Strong experience in facilitating Change in a manufacturing environment is critical• 8 – 20 years Food Industry or Consumer Packaged Goods background. Snack food capital expansion industry experience a plus.
• Minimum 7+ years as Project Engineer / Project Manager managing capital projects over $5MM
Degree Required Yes
City (or Nearest City) Greenville
State/Province South Carolina
Country United States
Location Type Office
Our latest jobs
MEX$20000 - MEX$20000
MEX$20000 - MEX$20000
$65000 - $82000
CA$80000 - CA$100000
CA$70000 - CA$150000
New York United States
€32000 - €45000
€60000 - €70000
New York United States