Our client is a leading engineering contractor operating on projects in Ireland, UK and Europe. They are currently looking for a Quality Control Engineer for a position to be based in their Dublin office but covering power projects across the Leinster area.
• Carry out and report on project quality audits for compliance with workmanship standards, procedures and process flowcharts.
• Facilitate quality training including induction and refresher training.
• Focussed auditing on key quality topics as defined from time to time.
• Liaise with QA Advisor in the development and maintenance of the QMS. Confirm fitness for purpose of QMS processes and procedures in relation to T&D work – propose amendments where necessary.
• Creation of Quality Plans for projects.
• Coordination and delivery of quality toolbox talks and other communications (e.g. Quality Alerts).
• Audit application of ESSW, LOTO and HV Safety Rules on site.
• Audit project file index system online and on site.
• Develop, with Operations and Senior Management, Critical to Quality (CTQ) documentation to minimise the risk to business arising from defined critical activities.
• Co-ordinate and manage operations, engineering and procurement reviews of non-conformances (NCRs) to close out and report internally.
• Where relevant, review technical submittals / calibration certificates on file.
• Participate in FATs and SATs, where applicable.
• Report on and review defects / punch-lists across projects, reporting on close-out performance and identifying emerging trends.
• Support on CompEx (Atex) requirements, per project.
• Input into ITPs (Inspection & Test Plans), to ensure quality standards are met.
• Review manufacturing recommendations and advise operations, engineering functions as required.
• Assist in ‘early catch’ for incorrect material purchase/installation therefore reducing the risk of potential reworks and additional costs.
• Support Lessons Learnt process.
• 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Strong Trades background
• RECI / NICEIC certification for LV testing i.e. < 1,000Va.c. (ET101 & BS7671) is desirable.
• Experience completing and reporting on Quality Audits
• Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
• Technical knowledge and experience on Medium Voltage Switchgear (MV), systems and associated equipment is critical to this role
• Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
• Knowledge of various software platforms.
• Previous experience of quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001, Q-Mark etc
• Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
£50-65k per annum
€50-70k per annum
$70k - $80k plus bonus
$28 - $32/hr
$35 - $36/hr
$28 - $32/hr
$30 - $32/hr
$17 - $19
07 February 2020
15 January 2020