• • Implements, monitors and maintains quality objectives and related certifications (i.e. ISO 9001:2008) and NQA-1 Quality Standard compliance. Preparing organization for certification and recertification audits.
• • Conducting a Management Review of the Quality System.
• • Administering document control and configuration management system by ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
• • Manages and overseeing established calibration and testing program.
• • Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within the department.
• • Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products by coordinating activities associated with “first article build” of new products, ensuring that fabricated items are traceable to documented standards at the time of release of product into the production mode.
• • Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning manufacturing quality problems, design and development of new and existing products for consideration by other members of management team.
• • Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting customer specifications.
• • Conducts meetings with quality assurance department and factory personnel to establish, delineate, and review organizational quality policies, to coordinate functions, and operations and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
• • Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other department managers to maximize product reliability and to minimize costs.
• • Implements audit and testing criteria and procedures to ensure continuous control over work-in-process and finished product.
• • Performs and maintains both internal and external direction audits on quality related activities and decisions on quality problems associated with product.
• • Develop test methods/procedures to support product validation efforts.
• • Addressing non-conformities from previous internal and external audits.
• • Active involvement in 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing projects as they relate to quality assurance and associated customer satisfaction issues.
• • Drives culture change to instill focus on fact-based management practices, the use of Six Sigma and other problem solving methodologies.
• • Identifies and eliminates or mitigates major COPQ (cost of poor quality) processes. Reduces defects with the goal of becoming defect-free.
• • Increases standardization of work processes.
• • Represents facility as the main “customer contact”, in the active role as liaison.
• • Manage/supervise the employees of the Quality Department.
• • Manages warranty claims.
• • Responsible for housekeeping and 5-S initiatives in the quality department.
Directly supervises Quality Department and Document Control. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include working with the Human Resources department in interviewing, hiring, and training employee; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position is responsible for setting work schedules.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have the following:
• • At least 5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance Management should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Assurance Manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
• • Experience with ISO9001 Quality System rules, regulations, including planning and implementation.
• • Experience with NQA-1 Quality System rules, regulations, including planning and implementation preferred.
• • Good oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
• • Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
• • PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, documentation s/w, statistical software) essential.
• • Management Review Meetings, Internal Audits, Calibration System, Document Control.
• • General knowledge of associated machinery and processing preferred.
• • Minimum five years managerial experience in the steel processing industry preferred.
• • Working knowledge of 6 Sigma and its application to our processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, quality manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
Our latest jobs
$70000 - $75000
Goose Creek South Carolina
25000 - 28000
£50000 - £60000
25000 - 28000
15000 - 18000
£55000 - £60000
£40-55k per annum
$70 per hour
$100000 - $120000
CA$60 per hour
Vancouver British Columbia
20 March 2020
19 February 2020