An exciting opportunity for a ‘Senior Authorised Person & Commissioning Lead’ lead has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Role will be based in Finland with a large M&E contractor working on the electrical installations packages on a large data centre project.
• Engages from early in the project with Site Management team with the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
• Structured mentoring / Workshops with the testing & commissioning technicians in line with an agreed Commissioning plan with the Project manager.
• Ensures all Workplace personnel are aware of and are complying with the Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
• Issues and controls Permits for all Energised working activities under scope of work.
• Attend daily testing & commissioning meetings as required.
• To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific requirements.
• Follow Strict Operational Procedures and Adhere to High Voltage Safety Rules.
• Interpretation of basic electrical protection under fault conditions.
• Manage Safety documents and lock out/tag out procedures and philosophies.
• Carry out review of Switchgear Distribution Topology and Controls prior to start-up.
• Attend Project daily white board progress / Look ahead meetings.
• Support / liaise with specialist Testing & Commissioning contractors to carry out early reviews and agree commissioning sequences and test scripts.
• Liaise with Control System providers (Scada/BMS/EMS etc.) in the development of the system handover under permit control schedule and protocols.
• Manage initial start-up and energization of equipment following the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work plan for MV/LV Systems.
• Witness and coordinate specific tests and ensure all documentation is complete as per regulations and project specifications.
• Ensure all pre- and post-energisation testing & commissioning tagging activities are witnessed by required parties and signed off as accepted.
• Identifying and ensuring all the correct test equipment is available and calibrated for use.
Requirements for this role:
• Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred with min 5 years’ experience.
• Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
• Excellent understanding of earthing arrangements and configurations.
• Excellent understanding of Busbar, busway systems including interlocking of secondary energy sources.
• Excellent knowledge of discrimination study application both for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
• Good Knowledge of FAT/SAT reporting for all Electrical Switchgear philosophy.
• Appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations and Type Testing.
• Good Knowledge of National Electrical Regulations
• Good Knowledge of control systems - Scada/BMS/EMS etc
• Good Knowledge of narrating LV/MV switching plans.
• Ability to Carry out switching and Isolating of Medium Voltage Systems.
• Mission Critical project experience / knowledge.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and Communication skills.
• Ability to integrate with specialist contractors for energisation of partial systems.
• Commissioning experience of Electrical systems/backup systems.
• Experience working on Live systems and managing energisation / start-up of Systems.
• Good Knowledge and understanding of control philosophies and switchgear systems.
To be considered you will:
• 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment
• Relevant Level 8 Degree or an electrical trade with relevant training and experience
• Relevant experience in Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects.
• Commercial Awareness
• The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
• Experience with an M&E contractor in an Energy Marshall Role.
• Database / MS SharePoint experience, other database software.
• Experience of working on MV/HV systems. ‘Authorised Person’ experience.
• Electrical Testing & Verification with min 3 years’ experience.
• Construction experience / understanding required. Safety experience.
If this role is of interest to you then email your CV to Jimmy Holly at TRS Staffing for a confidential call back.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Our latest jobs
03 June 2020