This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUNCTION: SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER
SALARY: MARKET RELATED (NEGOTIABLE ON EXPERIENCE)
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITZENS
“TRS has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Designer with strong skills in electrical cable routing, Smart Plant 3D, PDS 3D, Autocad experience on EPCM projects within the Petrochemical Industry to be based in Durban.”
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform advance design calculations (lighting, raceway, sizing and wiring sizing, voltage drop, cable pulling, panel board and breaker sizing and junction box sizing).
- Develop electrical specifications and design documents.
- Prepare motor schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Prepare 2D (CAD) and 3D model layouts of advance complexity,
- Adhere to Client’s Operating Systems Requirements (OSR)
- Must have knowledge of electrical power systems software e.g. cable schedules, hazardous area classification drawings, marking up electrical schematic drawings, Smart Plant 3D, PDS 3D, Autocad.
- Accredited two (2) years BSc. Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma and 12+ years of electrical work-related designer experience within Petrochemical Industry on EPCM projects a MUST.
- MS Office, AutoCAD, Microstation, Smart Plant 3D, PDS 3D, Autocad packages a requirement.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
£80 per hour
£65-75k per annum
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020