This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Over the course of the last seven decades our client and affiliated design studios have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. Our client offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. Our client’s projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior FF&E Interior Designer opportunities located in Lower Manhattan, New York provides essential design and/or technical support for the Interior Design Team and works closely with senior staff to shadow and develop design and deliverables for various projects. The Designer position will prepare, update and correct drawings, presentations, graphics; design; CAD design/drafting; furniture, fixture and accessory specifications; furnishing, color and material boards; model making; FF&A sourcing; resource organization; and general computer skills.
- Create concept presentations and verbal presentations as necessary
- Prepare Furnishing, color & material boards
- Assist the department with product resource organization
- Assist the department with sourcing and product research
- Rendered plans / section elevations
- Freehand sketches
- CAD documentation
- Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories specifications
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Train and mentor the interns in the Interior Design Department
- Maintain and update the drawing files
- Assist with GC finishes, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, millwork details - specifications and organizing
- Assist the department with the preparation of graphics and 3D renderings
- Maintain and organize the design library
- Assist the office with general clerical support
- Will perform other project and duties as assigned by the Manager
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organise and prioritise tasks, workload and projects. Professionalism, courtesy, and tact are required in dealing with clients and colleagues.
Other Requirements Include:
- B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 10+ years related experience in designing small to mid-size interior projects including urban and resort hotels is (preferred)
- A proficient level of experience in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of experience in graphic design concepts such as, hand sketch case work, vignette scenes, hand coloring, rendering interior drawings, area take offs and shop drawings
- The ability to assemble FF&E and finish boards with no supervision
- A proficient level of experience in interior design concepts such as, space planning, furniture, fixtures, and product research
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
Our latest jobs
20 March 2020
19 February 2020