Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations and ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations
2. Conducts environmental and other chemical sampling and testing as required
Ensure compliance to SDS programs and maintenance of the SDS program
Conducts accident investigations and safety audits and will review and report findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing to Leadership Team
Ensure compliance to audit standards and work with 3rd party auditors and vendors to answers findings and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
In conjunction with HR, will ensure compliance with Workers Compensation reporting and filing of work related injuries and accidents
Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment Involved in the development of work procedures and makes environmental, health and safety recommendations accordingly
Ensures coordination of safety training initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA regulatory and all other regulatory requirements
Assists EHS Supervisor with reviews of employee safety programs to determine adequacy.
Administers the safety program and the safety committee activities for the plant
Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and processes.
Assisting EHS Supervisor in preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental policy and procedure manuals and health and safety policy and procedure manuals
Recommends process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards
Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance, this will include property in and around the facility
Conducts input/output analysis of all forms of waste (including energy, water, etc) and reports findings to Leadership Team
Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety and environmental requirements have been met
Listen to concerns and suggestions from team members and provide timely feedback
Assists and acts as a liaison for the facility with federal, state and local regulatory agencies
19. Maintains all appropriate licenses, certifications and certificates for regulatory compliance
20. Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization from a health, safety and environmental standpoint
21. All employees are responsible for having an awareness and understanding of IFA-North America’s commitment to ISO 14001 and IATF 16949
1. Demonstrated knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements as it pertains to Federal, State, and local agencies
2. Capability for collaborating with internal and external customers toward continuous improvement
3. Excellent planning and prioritization skills
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to interface with all levels of employees in the organization
6. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
7. Resourceful and well organized
8. Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required
9. OSHA 10 Hour or Basic Knowledge of Plant Safety
10. Current First Aid/CPR First Responder Training
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filling cabinets and fax machines. This job will also be exposed to manufacturing environment, such as production lines, power industrial trucks, and/or other manufacturing machines. This role will require PPE’s.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Must be able to walk/move about a 190,000 sq ft manufacturing facility: 30% of the time
Must be able to stand/walk/move about specific work area: 50% of the time
Must be able to bend/reach/twist/stoop: 25% of the time
Must be able to lift up to 15lbs on a frequent basis: 40% of the time
Must be able to lift over 15lbs on an infrequent basis: 10% of the time
Must be able to sit at a work station: 70% of the time
Must be able to work and operate a computer terminal: 60% of the time
Vision is required to analyze and process work; and to work on computer terminal/machine centers, etc.
Hearing is essential for safety reasons; and to communicate with employees, supervisors, managers, vendors, suppliers and customers via conversation, group meetings, and/or phone conferences
Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. This role requires a certain level of working hours flexibility to ensure internal and external customer responsiveness in regards to unforeseen emergency situations.
Travel is primary local during the business day, although some our-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with three years of behavioral based safety experience in a manufacturing environment or a combination of education coupled with five years of relevant experience.
2. Proven working experience of Environmental, Health, and Safety concepts.
3. Proficiency with MS office suite.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Occupational Safety, Psychology or Industrial Engineering.
2. Proven working experience with VPP concepts and culture.
3. OSHA 500 or 501 certification.
4. Experience in a leadership position or training role.
5. ISO 18001 and/or 14001 internal auditor certification.
Our latest jobs
Nuevo León México
$60000 - $70000
Ladson South Carolina
$320000 - $416000
$224000 - $320000
$58240 - $68640
Williamston South Carolina
$80000 - $85000
Ladson South Carolina
$60000 - $70000