Service Technician – Norfolk Region
I am looking for Service Technicians to join a service campaign on an established wind farm in the Norfolk region. The turbines are V80 2MW.
This will a Monday to Friday role, 37 hours a week. Overtime rates available past 37 hours and an expectation to work around 1 weekend a month, weekend rate available.
This role would very much suit someone local to the Norfolk area.
This will fall under PAYE only and you will accrue holiday pay.
Provide maintenance, servicing and inspection of wind turbines and balance of plant, to ensure the assets are maintained in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner, maximising the commercial value within compliant requirements.
Carry out maintenance and servicing of wind turbines and balance of plant, including servicing, reactive and proactive maintenance, inspections, modifications, retrofits and main component exchanges.
- Work proactively and flexibly to minimise failures and maximise the Energy Yield.
- Preparation of work plans and documentation.
- Maintain maintenance records, electronic and paper, of all work performed on plant.
- Proactively assist in all areas of site operations, working on projects, spares and other non-routine works.
- Enact a number of roles under the Wind Turbine Safety Rules; Work towards Competent Technician, Authorised Technician
- Enact a number of roles under the Eon E&M Safety Rules; Competent Person
- Proactively identify & take ownership of tasks or projects to improve safety, turbine performance or general
- Monitoring and recording progress of works offshore.
- Liaise with Site Management to support sequence of the work required.
- Carry out point of work risk assessments (as may be required)
- Attend Daily Work Planning meetings.
- Liaise with CTV crew to plan works for the day and also to organise on board stores during weather days.
- Undertake site reports on any issues encountered.
- Attend monthly meetings as required.
- Loading and unloading vessels
- Feed into the SAP planning tool at site with retrospective defect notifications
- Close out work orders with detail analysis of works complete
- Raise safety observations where necessary and feed into monthly safety meetings
- To sit a Competent Technician / Authorise Technician Interview; if up to required standard on the project scope
- Assist with End of Warranty Inspections / Audits and feed into the End of Warranty Project Lead
Specific Offshore/Onshore duties may include but are not limited to;
- a) Routine SRL inspection, replacement and repair as required.
- b) Paint repairs as required
- c)Snagging works as required
- d) Rigging and lifting duties
- e) TP inspection
- f) Generator refuelling as required
- g) Take part in Emergency drills/feed in / desktop exercises
- h) Contractor Supervision.
- i)Stores assist
- j)React and assist with any medical evacuation from the field without delay.
- k) Develop TBT’s / in-house familiarisations for contractors as required
- l)Housekeeping is a must, Onshore/Offshore/CTV/Work desk
Our latest jobs
130,000 euro - 160,000 euro + Bonus
12 to 15 Lacs