This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The Assistant Construction Manager (ACM) is responsible for supporting the Project Construction Manager role in overseeing the on-site construction of Utility-scale solar projects throughout the construction phase, from Notice-to-Proceed (“NTP”) to Commercial Operation Date (“COD”). The ACM’s primary role is to assist in overseeing the execution of the construction work on-site, to ensure contractors are holding to their contractual obligations specifically in terms of safety, quality, schedule and budget. The ACM reports to and works closely with the Project Construction Manager.
• Ownership of the on-site aspects of the solar project from NTP to COD.
• Understand the turn-key EPC contract for the solar project and oversee compliance by the EPC Contractor on the project site.
• Work with the team (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Safety, etc.) to ensure project success.
• Serve as the primary on-site representative for client
• Maintain a daily report for the project to be shared with the Project Manager
• Provide daily updates to the Project Manager on the construction progress, including quality and safety metrics.
• Track construction progress schedules to ensure target goals are maintained.
• Assist with reports regarding constraints, bottlenecks and roadblocks that may impede the schedule
• Coordinate with Senior CM’s and Engineering leads to review construction documents (i.e., site maps, electrical line diagrams, structural and civil prints, etc.) and serve as the primary point of contact accountable for successfully completing and meeting progress milestones.
• Provide regular updates specific to the construction of the project to management and external partners, including the Project Finance Team and finance partners.
• Interface with the Utility and project Off-Takers on-site, with support from Project Manager.
• Engage with AHJs and applicable permit authorities to ensure successful issuance and closure of permits for the project including but not limited to Conditional Use Permit, Environmental Permits, SWPPP Permits.
• Support the PM with scheduling and coordinating the project Commissioning and Close-Out activities (with support from the EPC partner).
• Coordinate with the project Independent Engineer on-site, with support from PM.
• Assist in the hand-off of the project to the Operations and Maintenance team at COD.
• Monitor EPC and Subcontractor compliance with their Contracts specifically in terms of Quality, Safety, Schedule and Budget.
• Monitor EPC Contractor Plan-of-Day meetings, generally have knowledge of EPC Contractor activity each day on the project site.
• Conduct site audits as needed and participate in “Golden Review” meetings with EPC Contractor in coordination with Quality lead, Safety lead and Project Manager.
• Have previously performed the above duties and responsibilities for Utility-scale projects
• Ability to work at the project site full-time during construction (travel home once a month)
• Expertise in construction processes and procedures
• Ability to read and interpret Construction Drawings and Technical Manuals
• Ability to work with Microsoft office tools
• Demonstrate accountability and possess strong communication and leadership skills
• Understand and promote ‘Lean’ tools and techniques
• Follow all COVID-19 guidelines as directed by and onsite EPC’s
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Our latest jobs
$100000 - $120000
$55000 - $70000
New Waverly Texas
$75000 - $90000
$65000 - $75000
Garden Grove California
$105000 - $140000
San Luis Obispo California