TRS Staffing is seeking a Cost Accountant with 3-5 years of experience for an oil and gas client in Houston, TX.
- Conducts activities related to product costing, cost analysis, and standard rate calculations.
- Provide high level analysis of cost drivers for variable costs.
- Manage freights invoices & accruals.
- Validate costs per the feedstock contract for a chemical complex facility.
- Receives, analyzes and distributes for approval, all intercompany invoices received from other regions.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of intercompany balances; follow up on outstanding amounts for collection and/or payment.
- Update receipts in PeopleSoft.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the tax and accounting fixed asset registers.
- Liaises with the project owners to ensure the timely closure of AFE’s and addition of new assets onto the fixed asset register.
- Coordinates the completion of depreciation schedules for fixed assets and ensure that depreciation is calculated accurately.
- Prepares and enters depreciation journals into the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for administration of all major contracts at the chemical facility (e.g. Natural Gas, Utilities, Electricity).
- Prepares and enters month end journal entries, as required.
- Reconciles balance sheet general ledger accounts as required.
- Prepares and maintains relevant Sarbanes Oxley narratives for position.
- Prepares and maintains relevant written procedures for position.
- Provide back up support for the Financial Accounting Teams in relation to tax compliance, month end reporting, & accounts payable if deemed necessary.
- Assists in the development of the facility Site Production Plans & Variable Cost Budgets..
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position from Document Management Database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution required.
- 3-5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Sound knowledge of cost accounting and solid understanding of IFRS.
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft financials or other ERP desirable.
- Good analytical skills with an ability to question information and not accept it at face value.
- Sound knowledge of management accounting and reporting desirable.
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and Power point.
- High level of interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability).
- Good public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Ciudad de Mexico