This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUNCTION: ASSISTANT TRAINEE OFFSHORE (SOUTH AFRICA)
DURATION: ON-GOING CONTRACT
SALARY: EUR 5640 per month
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE TO SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
"TRS has an exciting international opportunity for a young committed, motivated Assistant Trainee who is willing to do Offshore technical work and willing to grow within the company."
The Assistant trainee is expected to be on board the ship most of the time handling technical duties and not in an office. Candidates will have to accept a role where they would essentially be expected to work on board a vessel for many years.
- Coordinate specific activities with a group of construction crew in compliance with Project specification.
- Ensure efficient performance and respecting HSE and Quality procedures and practices.
- Assist the 1st Assistant (or the Offshore Construction Manager where a 1st Assistant is not assigned to the vessel) with regard to interdisciplinary coordination of specific activities on board.
- Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Tool Box Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures.
- Ensure the compliance with the standards dictated by Saipem QHSE policies and safety procedures, in order to perform the
activities in a safe manner.
- Young and vibrant degreed indivdual preferably with Civil / Mechanical / Electrical or Naval background.
- Fluent in English.
- 1- max 2 years of prior experience in Oil & Gas will be a plus.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020