Glenn Dale MD
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
In this role, we are searching for a qualified and ambitious individual that will be responsible for the daily operations of a profit center dedicated to meeting the equipment sale and rental needs of contractor, industrial and commercial companies and municipalities. The Branch Manager will report to the Regional Manager and will be instrumental in supporting the business plan through profitable revenue generation. The Branch Manager's primary responsibility is to overall manage the operation to ensure safety, productivity, customer service excellence and profitability. This is accomplished by overseeing all sales and service efforts and business initiatives governing the Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Oversee all safety matters, including audits, safety training, OSHA compliance, DOT regulations and drug and alcohol testing.
• Prepare and review reports, including profit and loss statements, monthly operation reviews, yearly budgets and other reports detailing operational status and forecasted performance.
• Manage all personnel matters including sales, customer service and service and logistics employees.
• Schedule crews, fleet resources, inventory, and coordinate deliveries.
• Work with Supply Chain to procure parts and equipment.
• Data Mine project and bidding opportunities.
• Attend Regional conferences, expos, seminars, and networking events.
• Maintain contact with and act as a liaison to existing and potential customers and distributors
• Manage rental and sales inventory and track project trends and product life-cycles.
• Inform customers of supply and price trends and prepare quotations.
• Negotiate prices with customers, within established limits.
• Secure, review, process, and expedite orders.
• Write orders, keep records, maintain files, and create reports on all phases of activities including sales recaps, pipeline opportunities, and forecasts.
• Track and manage orders through the entirety of the sales and rental cycle.
• Work with distributor sales team to maximize efficiency of product offering and sales effort.
• Provide technical guidance and training to Sales Representatives and customers.
• Flexible work schedules, which may include extended work hours.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of successful business management experience with profit and loss responsibility at a branch or other individual profit center.
• Experience with P&L review and understanding of financial statement and budgetary process including monthly, quarterly forecasting and Annual Operating Plan.
• Specific experience running a branch with multi-million in revenues.
• Proficient computer skills with extensive experience using Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated effective leadership, motivational, organizational, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently; strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Experience operating forklift and familiarity with hand tools is required.
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
• 5 years of supervisory experience and proven sales and customer service success, combining both commercial and highway/traffic safety is a plus.
• Experience with reading civil, site, maintenance of traffic and phasing plans, construction schedules is a plus.
• Understanding of construction phasing, schedules and critical path logic, change order management process and actual cost force account analysis is a plus.
• 3 years of equipment rental experience, with an emphasis on safety-related products is a plus.
• Firm understanding of payoff metrics, depreciation, and overall financial competency is a plus.
• Understanding and proficiency with LEAN process and concept. Six Sigma certification a plus.
• The successful Branch Manager candidate will have experience in Traffic and Commercial Construction Safety, and an understanding of MUTCD standards. Traffic Control Supervisor certificate a plus.
• Possess a 10 Hour OSHA certificate or higher and familiarity with both 1910 and 1926 OSHA standards and subparts. Additional experience with Safety Training a plus.
• Familiarity with DOT criteria relative to FMCSA regulations, hours of service, intrastate and interstate commerce, recordkeeping and maintenance, safe loading and load securement protocol.
• Proof of Covid19 Vaccine is required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, or to apply, contact Stephanie Warneke at Stephanie.Warneke@trsstaffing.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 20 - $ 25
United States Harrison
CA$ 100000 - CA$ 120000
United States Greenville
United States Petersburg
United States Greenville
$ 80000 - $ 110000
United States Charlotte
United States Sacramento
United Kingdom Farnborough
United States Greensboro
United States Greenville
22 September 2023