Position: Construction Inspector (Must be DSA Certified)
Requirements / Duties:
- Be familiar with the plans, specifications, and the general contractor’s operations at all
- Personally observe, check and measure items placed in the construction for compliance to the contract documents, technical instructions from the design professional and directives from the construction
- Prevent installation of any related work until shop drawings have received final approval from design professional.
- Record the design professional’s, or his/her consultant’s verbal instructions during field supervision trips, in the construction inspector’s daily diary for that day or on a field instruction
- Assist in relaying instructions from the construction administrator and the design professional to the contractor and in relaying problems from the contractor to the design professional and construction administrator for solution. Actively assist in securing decisions and clarification from the design professional in a timely
- Monitor design professional submittal log to assure all submittals are approved in a timely manner (this includes re-submittals).
- Review the contractor’s work on the required record drawings weekly to ensure that they are accurately marked up as required. Report any non-compliance at project
- Check the contractor’s estimate of work completed for partial payments based on the approved cost
- Monitor progress schedule to reflect work completed vs. actual
- Advise the construction administrator, the project manager, and the design professional of circumstances surrounding requested changes in the
- Maintain a daily diary describing the general work performed, noting problems, rejections and unusual events. The diary should be completed daily, and factually. The diary should reflect the contractor’s activities each day, and include weather conditions and personnel
- Observe subcontractors working on the project daily and verify that all are listed on the contractor’s current subcontractor directory. Report any discrepancies to the construction administrator and the project
- Assist the construction administrator, the project manager, and the design professional in the final inspection and project acceptance
- Assist the project manager in checking contractor’s estimate of work completed for progress payment based on the approved cost
- Upon completion of the project, review with the project manager and the design professional any and all guarantees, keying, operating instruction, completion of final punch list items, etc., that are called for in the project documents. Confirm that these are received before certifying the completion of the work in
- Complete and transmit the Project Closeout Checklist to the construction
- Enforce the restrictions peculiar to the
- Responsible for keeping a set of working drawings on which to indicate which sections and items of the contract work have been inspected and
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Gary Paronish at 949-349-4221 or email@example.com TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.
Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Our latest jobs
£80-120k per annum
55,000 - 70,000
60,000 - 70,000
75,000 - 85,000
19 February 2020
07 February 2020