Los Angeles California
We currently seek a high caliber Construction Quality Control Manager for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals. Based in Los Angeles, CA.
To be considered candidates must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Job Description :
Our client is seeking a Construction Quality Control Manager (CQCM) for a mega construction project in Los Angeles. Early works construction began in May 2018, and the system is expected to be open for service in 2023. The construction portion of the contract is valued at over $2 billion. This position oversees, manages, certifies, and performs all construction quality control activities. The CQCM is independent from the JV construction team and will have no direct role in production activities. The CQCM solely reports to the Developer’s Quality Program Manager with direct lines of communication to JV Construction Manager and discipline representatives.
• Responsible for the overall management and supervision of the Construction Design Builder’s Quality Control (QC) staff comprising of structure, vertical, civil, and electrical leads. These QC leads in turn manage a QC sub-consultant that provides inspection and testing services.
• Ensure that the QC sub-consultant provides sufficient manpower and technical expertise to meet QC inspection, testing, and management requirements throughout construction.
• Ensure that QC requirements for inspection, sampling, and testing are fully met and documented.
• Provide training to staff, quality team members, subcontractors, and suppliers regarding construction quality processes, procedures, and specifications.
• Review suppliers’ and subcontractors’ QC plans to ensure compliance with the Developer’s Construction Quality Program (DCQP).
• Monitor production elements to ensure that correct and acceptable materials and components are incorporated into the project.
• Coordinate with the Concessionaire’s Quality Manager and Quality Assurance (QA) team to ensure the success of the Project Quality Program.
• Establish Quality Check Points (QCP) to validate conformance of the work.
• Manage the Non-conformance and Deficiency processes.
• Develop execution plans, instructions, procedures, checklists to provide improvements to the QC process.
Basic Job Requirements :
• Accredited four (4) degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience on rail, transit, or other design-build projects, or a combination of education and directly related
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
• Experience developing, implementing, and directing the processes that result in a specific level of quality required by a Quality Program is a must.
• The candidate must have experience identifying standards to measure the quality of a project or deliverable, analyzing details that can affect the quality of the project and deciding what the best techniques are for the optimal end results.
• Experience establishing practices to monitor and control quality.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Ability to learn and utilize web-based project management software for tracking quality documentation.
• Proficient in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel. Power Point, and Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications :
• 4-year degree in Engineering or related technical/business field and 15 years or more of related work experience on rail, transit, or other design-build projects.
Degree Required : No
City (or Nearest City) : Los Angeles
State/Province : California
Country : United States
Location Type : Project
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
£40000 - £65000
Vancouver British Columbia
Mexico DF Distrito Federal