• Provide overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects.
• Provide recommendations toward approval of contractor quality control plan.
• Attend selective quality control. preparatory and initial meetings. and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
• Provide relevant remarks on Government Quality Assurance (QA) reports (or in identified section of Contractor's Quality Control (QC) report, particularly on critical. definable features of work included.
• Take/file/distribute progress photos.
• Validate quantity, condition, and approval of materials on site prior to Government issuing invoice payments.
• Coordinate support to review and witness successful testing and commissioning/certification of critical systems (i.e., mechanical–Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning/Testing and Air Balance/Duct Air Leakage Testing/ Direct Digital Controls. electrical -Pad Mounted Transformers /High-Voltage Systems/Switchgear /Automatic Transfer Switches/Frequency Converters, fire and life safety/fire protection systems. roofing systems. and underwater structures).
• Assure quality workmanship in accordance with specifications and industry standards on aspects of construction.
• Attend/witness selected tests and review all applicable test reports and results.
• Perform cursory review of Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure via the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) that these are discussed, by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
• Review and provide recommendations towards acceptance of Crane Critical Lift Plans, along with crane operation qualifications and certificate of compliance.
• Must be familiar with crane safety requirements. Observe critical lifts.
• Ensure construction contractor is conducting monthly site safety self-evaluations and submitting the infom1ation with the pay vouchers/invoice: perform worksite safety assessments, as needed.
• Take appropriate, timely action to ensure construction contractor compliance of safety and health requirements, including leading safety stand downs, as required, and recommending dismissal of key construction contractor staff from the project due to non-performance or recurring violations.
• Ensure reporting of contractor significant incidences / near misses with a focus that corrective actions have been taken. Perform cursory review / of Contractor's Significant Incidence Reports (CS IRs) and OSHA Form 300 (Contractor's Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses).
• Support extensive contact with key construction contractor representatives to promote an atmosphere of partnering and cooperation and to quickly resolve problems and maintain construction schedule.
• Coordinate temporary utility and communication hook-ups for contractor utility outages and road closures.
• Coordinate lay-down area and storage areas as required.
• Coordinate excavation, hot work, burn and other construction-related permits, as required. subject to local restrictions.
• Support as a point of contact for Supported Command interface /coordination in the field.
• Assist with investigation of potential latent defects.
• Assist with coordination of the installation of cylinders/cores, keying system. and turnover of keys to owner/occupant and coordination of the facility system training for owner/occupants/PW shops personnel.
• Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications and technical Request for Proposal respectively. Perform on-site visits to review constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions. During design development and constructability review, provide technical knowledge of local conditions including availability of construction materials and skilled labor. For problems found, make solution recommendations for designer consideration
• A minimum of 6 years of verified experience as a Quality Control Manager or Superintendent working for general contractors on NAVFAC or Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) or other Federal projects. OR
• 10 years of verified foreman experience in one or more of following trades: Concrete; Mechanical, Electrical, Masonry, or Carpentry on commercial/industrial/military projects. OR
• 5 years as an Engineering Technician with either NAVFAC or the ACOE.
• Residential experience does not qualify
• Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds
• Fundamental knowledge and skill with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Access).
• Ability and willingness to travel to construction jobsites.
• Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds
• Must successfully complete the 8-hr class titled ··construction Quality Management for Contractors course associated with the ACOE. Course completion can be accomplished prior to on-boarding or within 60 days of onboarding.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Omar Rodriguez; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
$100000 - $110000
Hollywood South Carolina
Fort Wainwright Alaska