The Mechanical/Piping Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the project works contractors and maintaining the project performance goals. Superintendents coordinate work efforts and ensure activities are sequenced in accordance with the project schedule. The superintendent must be a competent person in the construction trade with experience in the field of mechanical equipment, structural steel and piping installation works, welding procedures and processes, lifting and rigging and all necessary relevant experience on process plant construction projects. The superintendent must have the construction background and knowledge with associated training in the mechanical, structural, and piping field with a minimum of 10 years’ on site experience in order to accurately evaluate the methods and performance in all respects of the particular scope elements of the project for which he is accountable.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Monitors overall job site health, safety and environment performance and verifies that contractors are protecting their workers at the job site
• Responsible for construction supervision and administration including supervision of contractors and their subcontractors for assigned portions of the project
• Assists in the coordination of the design deliverables to support continuous and efficient construction
• Job site point of contact for all contractors in his assigned area of the project
• Conducts daily coordination meetings with contractors.
• Monitors the delivery of materials to the site and release to contractor
• Plans and chairs project safety meetings, assists with incident investigations and reporting, and participates in safety programs and initiatives
• Communicates the identification, management and resolution of deficiencies and nonconformance to the Construction Manager
• Assists with site administration and record keeping procedures in accordance with the Construction Execution Plan
• Assists with construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and reporting for all work being performed by the contractor in his assigned area of the project.
You bring to the role:
• Swedish citizen
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Swedish and English
• Technical degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience required for a leadership position
• Trade school and journeyman status for the applicable discipline assignment
• Minimum ten years onsite experience on major projects or in heavy civil or industrial construction
• Can demonstrate a health and safety focus in the planning and construction execution phase
• Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and lead discipline-focused site teams to successfully execute the assigned scope of work
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
• Comprehensive knowledge and ability to practically interpret and apply good construction practice and appropriate industry standards.
• Involvement in at least one significant project similar in size, scope and location
• Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
• Ability to professionally manage and resolve contractor issues to avoid further conflict escalation.
Why join us?
• Develop innovation partnerships
• Think locally, work globally
• Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
• Flexible work environment.
• Long term career development
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Welding, Electrical, Sustainability, Engineering, Manufacturing, Energy
Our latest jobs
Vancouver British Columbia
£55000 - £65000
£55000 - £65000
Mexico Distrito Federal
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
25 February 2021
09 February 2021