Manager’s title Manager, Data Engineering and Analytics
Organization Strategy and Analytics
Sub-organization Data Science and Operations
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Data Engineering and Analytics, you will be a key contributor in the implementation and upkeep of centralized analytics activities including data governance, exploratory data analytics, data and model issue analysis, and analytics support of other internal functions.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of data as it is integrated into data platform
• Objectively apply data governance policies on all data change requests involving data platform to ensure all admitted data maintains high quality
• Identify, design, and recommend improvements to organization of data by identifying suitably similar data from multiple data sources, or the addition of data to support data joining across disparate datasets
• Perform exploratory data analysis to inform recommendations for model generation or other immediate tactical actions
• Collaborate on model generation with the data scientists
• Communicate inferences effectively through data storytelling, meeting stakeholders at their level of technical expertise.
• Demonstrate strong business-acumen in your recommendations relating to the visualizations, models, and inferences generated by the team
• Inspire the adoption of advanced data science and analytics use across
• Contribute to the consistent technical growth and development of the Data Science and Operations organization, ensuring the awareness of state-of-the-art data algorithms, best practices, and tools as they evolve
• Build effective working relationships across all data producers and consumers at
• Scope data analytics work requests and deliver on the agreed timelines
• Create schedule mitigation options when unexpected issues arise
• Other duties as required
Occasional travel may be required.
Conferences calls outside of normal business hours will be required.
• This position does not have direct reports
Education and work experience
• Master’s Degree in data science
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a Data Analyst role
• Applied knowledge of software development best practices with experience using various data related query and programming languages (SQL, MongoDB, Python, R, Scala)
• Experience manipulating, processing, and enabling value extraction from large disparate datasets through programmatic means
• Expert-level understanding of and experience using relational and non-relational database access
• Hands-on experience in the creation of well-documented code to implement statistical and machine learning models including both supervised and unsupervised learning
• Expertise in visualization best practices and hands-on experience using industry standard tools (PowerBI, Tableau)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of the fundamentals of data management
• Strong statistical and mathematical skills
• Demonstrated commitment for continuous personal growth
• Positive can-do attitude with a passion for taking on the hardest challenges
- Proyecto estable.
- Entorno puntero a nivel tecnológico.
- Desarrollo profesional.
- Formación en últimas tecnologías.
- Retos profesionales en un entorno dinámico y de continuo aprendizaje.
- Posibilidad de teletrabajo.
Si quieres conocer toda la información, envíame tu CV a email@example.com
Our latest jobs
$130000 - $155000
Ft. Meade Anne Arundel