Job Title: Developmental Chemist
Location: Mooresboro, NC/ Chesnee, SC
Pay: $27-28/hr plus up to 8% annual bonus
Industry: Industrial Manufacturing (chemicals, metals)
Status of hire: full-time, direct hire, hourly
TRS is seeking a Developmental Chemist to join their team of experience professionals in the northern Spartanburg, SC area. The Development Chemist uses independent initiative in developing new analytical methods, modifying existing methods, implementing the use of new instrumentation, and training of new personnel in the use of methods and instrumentation. This position defines and develops the necessary quality control as part of each new procedure to insure accuracy and precision in analytical measurements. This position also has the responsibility of performing accurate chemical and instrumental analyses on non-routine samples in support of product or process development.
Essential Job Duties
• Develops, tests and publishes new analytical methods Reviews and modifies or revises existing analytical methods as needed.
• Sets up instruments, writes standard operating procedures and trains users on equipment and safety, Quality Control and Assurance
• Maintains knowledge of new techniques and instrumentation through reading, attending courses and conferences and by personal contact with other professionals.
• Recommends the purchase of new analytical equipment and procedure changes to help increase laboratory safety, quality and productivity.
• Maintains the analytical ISO records and training records as defined in ISO.
• Maintains NC Laboratory Accreditation records.
• When requested, performs or supervises specialized analytical determinations of a non-routine nature
• Troubleshoots instrumental as well as laboratory mechanical systems, making adjustments or repairs as needed.
• Other duties as required
• BS Chemistry + 5 years’ experience role/responsibility as developmental chemist
• Knowledge of database structure LIMS System Operations
• Knowledge of classical wet and modern instrumental methods of analyses,
• Knowledge of methods of separation of elements prior their determination.
• Sufficient knowledge of instruments and peripheral equipment to be able to set up, operate, maintain and integrate into operation for daily use.
• Knowledge in developing new test methods or adapting existing methods to routine and non-routine matrices.
• Knowledge of hazardous properties of chemicals and the skill to employ safe laboratory practices.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of statistics to monitor laboratory operations, interpret data and evaluate the precision and accuracy of analytical data and methods.
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, regardless of authorization or visa transfer
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, and respirator test/physical to be eligible for hire
Our latest jobs
$110,000 - $130,000
60,000 - 70,000
$120k + bonus
75,000 - 85,000