Our client is a global supplier of premium welding solutions for offshore and onshore pipelines and fabrication.
The Electronic Technician is responsible for refurbishment of equipment and accessories within the North American region.
· Health, Safety and Environmental requirements shall be met in all activities.
· The company is responsible for providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, contractors and visitors.
· Responsible for ensuring that you are working safely, that you have the appropriate tools and equipment for the job, and that you protect the environment and fellow employees.
· You shall take this responsibility seriously and work towards continual improvements.
· Responsible for refurbishment of all company equipment.
· Responsible for updating the company equipment.
· Responsible for troubleshooting equipment under a stressful environment, and difficult work conditions, depending on job location.
· Responsible for commissioning equipment to be used on projects.
· Offer support to mechanics when needed.
· Responsible for assisting tool box meetings.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
· Position may require domestic and international travel.
· Exhibits a real knowledge of the company, empathy for its mission, and a genuine commitment to its goals and values.
· Shows integrity, tenacity, resilience and adaptability in complex situations and often changing environment.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to deadlines.
· Ability to work long hours when needed.
· Self-motivated; ability to work and learn under minimum general supervision.
· Performs routine maintenance; determines what kind of maintenance is needed.
· Performs physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, and stooping.
· Able to revise manuals and parts list.
· Inspects and evaluates the quality of products.
· Knowledge on installation, troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
· Controls operations of equipment or systems.
· Conducts tests to determine whether equipment, software, or procedures are operating as expected
· View gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly, used to work with metric measurements.
· Determines what is causing an operating error and decides action to take.
· Strong team-player with excellent reporting and interpersonal skills, able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-language company.
· Able to travel to jobsites when needed.
· Able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Demonstrates excellent English language skills, additional languages are a plus.
· High School Diploma required.
· Two years specialized technical training is preferred.
· A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university is preferred.
· 3 to 5 years electronic technician experience within the oil, gas, and pipeline industry.
· Experience with relays & circuits, electrical wiring and all type of electrical component.
· Experience with AC/DC motors and electrical troubleshooting.
Great long term opportunity with room to grow!
Must be willing to travel up to 95% of the time.