United States Kingsport
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Location: Kingsport, TN
Industry: industrial construction
Status of Hire: direct placement; permanent
Benefits: Medical FSA-HAS, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Group Life/Voluntary Life, 401k with company match, accident, PTO and more!
The Estimating Manager is responsible for the oversight of the estimating process as well as overseeing standardized procedures, methods, and processes for estimating deliverables. Furthermore, the Estimating Manager is responsible for managing the estimating team, fulfilling the bidding process, and successfully completing construction estimates that lead to awarded construction projects. This position reports to Vice President of Operations.
- Prepares accurate pricing of estimates with the proper level of detail, including labor, material, and subcontract items.
- Must have the ability to create estimates as self-perform inclusive of hard take offs from drawings.
- Lead team in the creation of proposals and bids
- Prepare detailed bid scopes for sub packages.
- Review subcontractor submittals.
- Research and reviews construction and design documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment and temporary facilities required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Analyzes historical cost data to estimate costs.
- Manages and tracks multiple preconstruction/estimating projects at once.
- Develops cost estimates for change orders.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Keeps current on market conditions, vendor/supplier pricing and construction industry trends.
- Manages, supports, and assists with the training of the estimating staff.
- Assigns responsibilities for the estimating team on each project.
- Reviews project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm complete scope.
- Oversees the soliciting of vital information for cost estimates to efficiently deliver optimized services.
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Critically analyzes bid documents and understands opportunities and risk and their order of magnitude and articulates those to management.
- Minimum of 10 years of estimator/industry experience in industrial (Chemical, Pulp & Paper, Heavy Industrial) construction projects
- Experience with ground-up construction
- Expertise in one or more areas of industrial construction
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with software such as Bluebeam, Timberline and or other estimating software
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans, drawings, scopes of work and specifications.
- Capable of taking a project from receipt of documents to rough estimate ready for review (project size $100k to $100 million)
- Capability to complete complex competitive bid projects.
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Ability to advise regarding buyout after winning bid with understanding of scopes of work, cost comparison and procurement means/methods.
- Experience with mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Ability to manage bid/RFP response process efficiently.
- Sound mathematical knowledge
- Detail oriented, collaborative, sense of urgency, open minded and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
- Certification of Professional Estimators from American Society of Professional Estimators or related certification
- Strong network of subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related discipline
- Preferred experience with chemical plants
- P6 or Microsoft projects software capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law. All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screens and background checks to be considered eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Greenville
United States Greenville
$ 1 Yearly
United States Tucson
$ 90000 - $ 130000
United States Newport Beach
€ 36000 - € 42000
$ 115000 - $ 120000
United States Hillsboro
United Kingdom Farnborough
22 September 2023