TRS is seeking several Extrusion Technicians for Direct-Hire opportunities in Georgia!
* 12 Hour Night shift available *
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude or draw thermoplastic materials into sheets, or structural shapes.
- Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Change extruding machine setup according to production line changes following specifications on the QC sheets and other relevant documents.
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- Set the machines and manage materials to keep product running to specification (colorant, regrind, pelletized, virgin, additives, masking, NSF Labels, pallets etc.)
- Ensure extruded sheet is properly package to ensure quality and safe shipment
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of the line and scrap
- Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
- Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment
- Monitor line for problems or defects in material
- Train and provide guidance to extrusion technician trainees, plastic operators and others as required
- Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork
- Clean the line and work area
- Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
- Any other related duties, as required by management.
- Associates Degree or Certification preferred, HS Diploma Required
- At least two years of related plastics extrusion experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- High degree of standing, walking, stooping or knelling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
- Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential
- Moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet.
- Wearing personal protective equipment
- Ability to work indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however only those candidates with resumes most closely matched to the job description will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.
Our latest jobs
R50 000 – R56 000 Per Month
75,000 - 85,000