This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The General Manager, Operations will report to the VP of Eastern Operations and will oversee the Track, Signals and Flagging departments. Responsible for safety, quality, scheduling and profit loss manager of projects for their division, while using experience and knowledge to focus work and drive long term objectives, and is responsible for day to day business leadership. Direct reports will include the Assistant Regional Operations Manager, Signals Manager and Track Protection Manager.
• Directs the day –to-day activities of project teams to attain project milestones and goals, while meetings or exceeding delivery schedules and budgets
• Oversees and manages multiple project teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects to completion
• Assist in or develops the operating budget, ensuring that the division meets the defined targets in terms of deadlines and budgets by reviewing work requires, schedules and costs reports on an on-going basis
• Plan, direct and manage all activates of all assigned projects at different stages of completion, to ensure that company objectives for customer satisfaction, safety, quality, production, revenue and profit are met within a specific time frame
• Establishes project plan for designated branch projects, defining scope of work and deliverables
• Manage procedure execution, equipment and manpower in conjunction with the Project Manager
• Mentors, guides and coaches direct reports to expand their capabilities by adhering to Human Resources processes and procedures involving: annual performance management reviews, recruitment activities, training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases
Responsible and accountable for the project management system, tools and personnel for all assigned projects from the time a project is received through the final payment of closed projects
• Plan, organize and staff key field positions through operation department heads or subordinate project/construction managers
• Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest, ensure profitability, and maintain good client relationships. Develops and submits corporate reporting within deadlines.
• Visit contract sites regularly to ensure all projects are well executed in accordance with corporate goals and contractual requirements
• Mentor, guides and coaches direct report to expand their capabilities by adhering to Human Resources procedures including; annual performance management reviews, recruitment activities, training, succession planning, promotions and salary increases
• Develop and implement Quality Management Plans, Safety Management Plans, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Manufacturing, and Construction plans as required to meet project objective
• Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths
• 15 years minimum of related industry experience in a direct management role, with demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team and build solid long-term relationships with external clients.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Strong computer skills are required with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
• Demonstrate ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
• Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering, Construction or related field.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who work in Canada will be considered for this position and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
To apply for this position, please send your word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our latest jobs
£45-54k Per annum
£40-60,000 PER YEAR
$175 - $185K/yr.
$80,000 - $90,000
$130,000/year - $150,000/year
Exectuive Level compensation package
19 February 2020
07 February 2020