Rotterdam (3 days) / The Hague (2 days)
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience (minimum of 5 years of experience in a Refinery environment) and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The purpose of this position is to supervise Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation, and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Client and Contractor employees.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and train subordinates on HSE activities related to medium to large-scale projects; duties may include preparation of certification/classification programs, the preparation of HSE documents and implementation of project specific HSE initiatives.
- Conduct onsite risk assessment and provide mitigation.
- Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance and recommendations to project management; participate in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
- Maintain and apply a proficient knowledge of the Client and/or Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by learning and applying HSE procedures as established by the Client and/or Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University® (if and as applicable) training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities.
- Promote and foster Client and/or Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment.
- Prepare, maintain, interpret, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals through its programs.
- Develop project compliance programs through an analysis of regulations.
- Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining knowledge of current guidelines and regulations.
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
- Adhere to and support Project’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
- Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job.
- May need to travel to attend to business related matters.
- Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical Minimum Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
- Accredited degree (minimum of MVK level) or global recognized equivalent and five (5) years of work-related experience in a Refinery environment (preferably including projects executed in Refineries in the Netherlands)
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace.
- Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels.
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities
Preferred Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
- Professional command of English and Dutch languages.
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Good organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023