Rotterdam (3 days) / The Hague (2 days)
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This position conducts work directly related to HSE management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The purpose of this position is to apply experience to propose new or improved site management methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation, and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Client and/or Company specific Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) standards, programs and goals by applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through training.
• Confirm project site adheres to Client and/or Company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines.
• Conduct onsite risk assessment and mitigation.
• Promote and foster HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Client, Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment.
• Administer a specific function such as maintaining HSE-specific project files on testing for substance abuse, collecting environmental or health samples, or providing personal protective equipment to project personnel.
• Create, administer and monitor intermediate size HSE programs involving all levels of employees on the project or in the office through presentations, printed materials, and activities.
• Monitor HSE programs by creating summaries/reports/presentations for HSE management and make recommendations based on interpretations.
• Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining intermediate scope knowledge of current guidelines and regulations.
• Provide support in the development of HSE intermediate scope project plans and development of intermediate scope HSE specifications.
• Conduct surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of intermediate scope incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals including project environmental data collection and documentation.
• Prepare and maintain reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
• Adhere to and support Client and/or Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job.
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters.
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Typical Minimum Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
• MVK, HVK or accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and three (3) years* of work-related experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
• Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local legal requirements and guidelines.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Generally favorable indoor office workspace.
• Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels.
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Gather industry-wide HSE-related information and data for application to HSE programs and procedures.
• Lead the activities of lower level HSE staff.
Preferred Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
• Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023