United States Kenosha
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Location: Kenosha, WI
Industry: Manufacturing (mechanical assembly)
Status of Hire: direct placement; permanent
Pay: $90k-$95k + Bonus
Reports to: General Manager
Summary: The Industrial Engineer designs, develops, tests, evaluates, implements, and optimizes interconnected components for managing industrial production processes (e.g., plant location, personnel work flow/ergonomics, materials flow and logistics, production process coordination and sequence, quality control measures and systems, and equipment layouts, etc.) to maximize productivity, reduce costs, reduce wastefulness and production inefficiency, maintain standards of operations, and ensure high product quality. Work includes designing efficient workflows and production layouts and processes, establishing methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel, conducting cost/inventory/production control and human factors studies to develop and implements plans for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods, assisting manufacturing plant/facilities engineers with facility planning and design, and assisting in establishing accident prevention measures and managing production operations training programs for plant personnel.
- Collaborates with other engineers to design cost-effective manufacturing layouts and building ergonomics for new and existing product lines to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
- Prepares material and equipment lists and purchase orders.
- Confers with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Estimates production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Reviews production schedules and processes, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Prepares inventory analysis and procurement purchase orders to address production needs.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Ensures that processes are designed to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Ensures that work processes are safe and addresses safety issues and concerns.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, and trends and developments in technology and equipment; applies this knowledge to maintain the company’s competitive edge.
- Identifies and assesses various problems and departures from established manufacturing standards and best practices; researches and recommends solutions.
- Recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Evaluates data to implement technological improvements in production processes.
- Designs control systems to monitor and minimize costs and production issues.
- Reduces waste and addresses production issues.
- Coordinates and implements quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, reduce waste or minimize costs.
- Limited business travel in the field for project implementation, training, field testing, and/or customer support.
- Manage, support, and develop capital expenditure activities.
- Works with technical writers to prepare client and customer proposals.
- Trains staff for new processes and provides instructions and manuals.
- Generates and manages process documentation and production reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or any equivalent technical/engineering field. Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus.
- 3-5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Professional engineering licensure is a bonus.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma, SPC, 5 Why, Pareto and other tools to improve and sustain production levels.
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable.
- Experience using project management software, ERP system experience a plus.
- Significant “hands on the product” type experience with ability to recognize problems, predict potential outcomes, and implement countermeasures quickly enough to avoid problems.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude/troubleshooting skills, and the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of design including design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Thorough understanding of ergonomics and applicable industry standards.
- Thorough understanding of lean manufacturing and supply-chain management.
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Just In Time (JIT) strategizing.
- Detail oriented with the ability to track and monitor multiple concurrent projects from inception to completion.
- Requires a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle while carefully observing all traffic rules and regulations.
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, regardless of authorization or visa transfer
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law. All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screens and background checks to be considered eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
$ 18 Hourly
United States Houston
$ 20 Hourly
United States Florence
United States Hillsboro
United States Chandler
United States Greenville
United States Spartanburg
United States Venura
$ 25 Per Hour
United States Aliso Viejo
16 February 2024