You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects, engineers / designers take responsibility for the functionality of the electrical & Instrumentation & Control system project scope in the energy transition markets - including carbon capture, green chemicals, hydrogen, biofuels and other low energy sources – chemicals and traditional oil and gas markets. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors, subcontractors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Supervise, plan, organize the work:
o Coordinate the electrical engineering and design
o Evaluate client’s electrical project scope and standards and report to Project management about important deviations.
o Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
o Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
o Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers
o Define mitigations and provide advice and judgement on deviations from standards / processes and delegate such authority where appropriate
• Enjoy building a team environment
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small / medium’ grass-root type of projects for installations in all voltage levels HV, MV, LV. Work activities include e.g.:
o Development of: the engineering and design details to properly size, calculate, design and description of the installation details for a complete and operating electrical system that meets the Client requirements for E.g.: Substations, Transformers, HV / LV MCC’s, HV / LV Motors, UPS AC & UPS DC, HV / LV Power Cables, Earthing & Lightning systems and Lighting installation, a contractors scope of work and oversee the development of detailed design drawings like one line diagrams, Substation equipment layout, Load list, control / schematic diagrams, protection typicals, wiring details and all kind of electrical layout drawings;
o The complete cycle of writing/reviewing electrical-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required.
o Preparing a Scope of Work (SoW) and Scope of Facility (SoF) document.
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Minimum 15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry.
• Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Exhibit thorough understanding and having practical knowledge/experience with field installations, field verifications and available electrical components
• Knowledge of electrical calculation programs like, ETAP is preferred.
• You have sound knowledge of applicable national and international codes, regulations and standards (such as NEN, EN, IEC and Client standards on that)
• Practical field / site experience for the electrical installation.
Basic Job Requirements:
• Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent in Electrical engineering
• English language skills. Dutch and/or German are an advantage
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel
• Like to multi-task e.g. between multiple projects
• Experience with Scrum, Lean, Agile Methodologies or willingness to learn in practice
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
22 September 2023
17 August 2023