Maintenance Manager being Head of maintenance organization structure is responsible for the efficient and reliable maintenance of the plant ensuring all safety regulation, maintenance procedures and company polices are followed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervises and assigns work to engineers & supervisors and ensures that all tasks are carried out timely. Responsibilities include training employees planning, assigning and directing work, appraising
- performance, rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To implement preventive maintenance plans and to arrange corrective maintenance activities as per requirement.
The Maintenance Manager is directly responsible to ensure operation of the station’s Computerized Maintenance System through SAP for all maintenance activity.
- To ensure the effective utilization of all material and human resources keeping in view the implementation of all safety regulations and maintenance procedures.
- To conduct co-ordination meetings with different sections of maintenance department (E/M/I&C) to analyze maintenance activities and to ensure trouble free running of the plant.
Recommend for the department annual maintenance and capital budget for approval of plant manager.
- To reviews purchase requisitions for spare parts and consumables ensuring budgetary constraints and arrange strategic spares availability to cope up with the maintenance requirements.
- To analyze and resolve work problems, or supervise workers in solving work problems. Initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Coordinate with other department Managers to investigate & find out root causes of chronic & intermittent problems as per requirement.
- Ensure Environmental Aspect-Impact and Hazard Risk Assessment are carried out, controlled and updated.
- Identify, establish and monitor IMS objectives, Targets and programs.
- Provide necessary resources for effective implementation and sustenance of IMS.
- Report IMS performance to the management periodically.
- Ensure Legal compliance with respect to their scope of activities
- Ensure identification of root cause for the identified non conformances/ deviations and to implement corrective actions/Preventive actions.
- Identify the competency gap for their subordinate personnel and implement necessary actions.
- Carry out annual performance evaluation of reporting employees9. Responsible for waste management.
- Ensure the provision of PPE and other safety equipments to the working personnel in the plant
- Monitor and control contractors & subcontractors activities within the premises with respect to IMS.
- Ensure achievement of IMS objectives and targets.
- Ensure PTW procedure is implemented effectively.
- Ensure identified on the job training are provided systematically.
- Coordinate and participate in the emergency mock drills.
- Identify, calibrate, and maintain measuring instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational Desired Bachelor’s engineering degree (B.E) in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic field from four-year College or university is Preferred
(Type and duration) Minimum Fifteen years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferable Twenty years of related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles
- Knowledge of applicable legal requirements
- Hazard Risk assessment
- Aspect Impact assessment
- Investigating skills
- Knowledge of spillage containment
- Knowledge of managing HSE emergencies
- Knowledge of identification, classification and disposal of waste
- Leadership and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English Language
- Computer literate. Able to use Ms Outlook for correspondence.
- Be able to use SAP as end user.
- Be able to lead and manage the maintenance team.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. In high precarious places he may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or chemicals risk and electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but very loud conditions do exist.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Manuel Caluen at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
£17 per hour
R30 000 – R35 000 pm
South Alberta and Saskatchewan