India Thane, Navi Mumbai
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Location: Navi Mumbai, India
Type: Full Time
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Company owned and managed vessels and Jack-up Barges comply with Class and Statutory regulations (MODU) and possess valid vessel and client certifications.
- Liaise with the Crewing team regarding aspects of travel, crew changes and other personnel issues in conjunction with the Vessel Master. Monitor crew overlap days.
- Monitor crew compliance with Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW 95) and its subsequent amendments, Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (MLC) and other training requirements (as per Client requirements).
- Inspect Vessels Planned Maintenance System to ensure its operating condition as per the Company Safety Management System (SMS) and its compliance with International Safety Management (ISM) code and MLC.
- Ensure that all mandatory procedures i.e., Toolbox talks, Risk assessments, permits to work systems are used effectively and filed for audit purpose.
- Monitor that vessels / Jack-up barges carry and update, as required, necessary publications, procedures, operational manuals, and other documents required by the flag state and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) guidelines and best industry practices are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel Dynamic Positioning (DP) operations, equipment, and personnel requirements.
- Inspect fleet's DP equipment to ensure that it is in fully operational state of readiness at all times.
- Attend annual DP and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) trials of existing and new Built vessels.
- Undertake offshore visits to vessels / Jack-=up barges in order to conduct on board inspections & training to the Officers and crew.
- Visit locations for taking over new build vessels or inspect vessels / Jack-up barges, as required by the Management, in terms of compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Undertake visits of Manning Agencies from annual external ISO/ ISM audits.
- Participate in internal and external audits of vessels /Jack-up barges to ensure their operating condition as per the Company Safety Management System (SMS).
- Conduct internal Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID) inspections in preparation for all charterers.
- Execute activities within approved vessel's budget guidelines and communicate any deviations in advance to Line Manager
- Assist in In-house Training on Ship Handling/DP simulator.
- Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required.
- Perform job related duties as assigned.
- To assist in Barge, move procedures (BMP) consulting with Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) on relevant information required for the BMP.
- Liaise with our design / drawing team for location drawings for new positions etc for Jack-up barges.
Education & Professional Qualification - Unlimited Master Mariner's license in compliance with STCW II/2 or Graduation related to Maritime studies.
Professional Experience - Minimum 8-10 Years of Experience 3-year shore experience as Port Captain or Marine Superintendent in Offshore Company with experience operating Jack-up barges.
Computer Skills - Proficient in Microsoft systems and electronic management systems and being able to maintain a database.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
CA$ 70 Per Hour
CA$ 110 Per Hour
CA$ 90 Per Hour
CA$ 120 Per Hour
CA$ 95 Per Hour
Netherlands The Hague area
Netherlands Amsterdam area
Netherlands Amsterdam area
16 February 2024