Sugar Land Texas
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer IV to join their team in Sugar Land, TX
The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and three (3) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications • Professional registration
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
• Experience in development of RFQs, Bid Tabulation, and POs.
• Semi-conductor fabrication experience.
• Semi-conductor assembly experience.
• Clean room experience.
• Work on advanced life science projects including clean utility requirements.
• Packaged equipment experience.
• Material handling experience.
• Mechanical handling experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Alex Kerr at Alex.Kerr@TRSstaffing.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
22 September 2023