• Measure and visually inspect parts to verify conformance to customer requirements
• Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications
• Approves in-process production and finished products by confirming specifications
• Contributes to root cause investigations related to quality issues
• Initiate non-conformance reports
• Communicates required adjustments to production supervisor
• Documents inspection results by completing associated reports and logs
• Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions, verifying calibration and notifying supervisor of needed repairs
• Assists with the implementation, interpretation, and maintenance of the ISO9001 quality assurance standards
• Analyzing Information, Documentation Skills, Promoting Process Improvement, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation
• Ability to read blueprints, tape measures, calipers, and micrometers required
• Familiar with interpreting Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance preferred
• Familiar with Virtek Laser CMM
•Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
• Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
• Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
• Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
• Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
• Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
• Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
• Makes design modification, or devises and designs the equipment parts.
• Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
• Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
• Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions, and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
• Performs complex calibration work on equipment; reads and interprets blue prints and manufacturers manuals;
Our latest jobs
Doha Middle East
$30000 - $40000
AJMAN Middle East
$60000 - $75000
CA$80000 - CA$110000
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Del. Benito Juárez Distrito Federal
Ekurhuleni South Africa
20 November 2020