This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job Title: Mine Overseer
Location: Northern Cape
Salary: R800 000 – R1m pa
Contract/ Perm: Perm
MAIN TASK & RESPONSIBILITY
• Manage safety, quality, production, discipline and cost effectively in terms of the BRMO values. Manage and execute discipline in accordance with the BRMO disciplinary code. Ensure production targets are met safely.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Grade 12
• Blasting Certificate
• Mine Overseer Certificate
• Mine Managers Certificate (Advantageous)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• 8 Years’ Miner and Shift Supervisor experience within an underground mining operation.
• Trackless, board and pillar experience.
• 5 Years’ Mine Overseer experience.
• Valid Code B / EB driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Essential unless otherwise indicated):
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
• Promote adherence to safety, health and environment procedures, identify unsafe and hazardous situations.
• Promote and enforce a culture of statutory compliance. Evaluate negative trends and introduce remedial solutions. Communicate changes where applicable. Monitor and ensure operational adherence to regulations and standards. Ensure implementation of remedial actions.
• Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing route cause analyses and take corrective actions.
• Plan, direct and assess quality management within function and implement remedial actions where necessary to ensure adherence to TQM principles.
• Identify cause for and prevent below standard operating conditions.
• Manage, control and improve production and mining operations, including: contractor performance, safety, quality, production, cost and continuous improvement.
• Determine, implement and monitor production strategies, policies and plans.
• Planning and monitoring of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost and labour requirements.
• Control the operation of production and quality procedures through planning of maintenance.
• Provide input into the development of the business plan. Analyse business plans and develop functional plans. Ensure operational readiness in terms of executing the business plan.
• Coordinate the technical disciplines.
• Monitor compliance to legislation and corporate governance.
• Provide clear goal alignment, vision and direction for the production function.
• Monitor and allocate expenses, motivate and assess team expenditure and resolve gaps.
• Propose cost saving initiatives, keep up to date with the developments to improve process and increase production.
• Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance.
• Optimise the function's core internal processes and internal supply chain and resolve functional operating conflicts.
• Team coaching and creating a pro-learning environment, assess team needs and closing the gaps.
• Assess and resolve team dynamics concerns, maintain good relations with all team members, peers and external clients.
• Assess team adherence to disciplinary and behavioural practices and procedures, identify and address deviations.
• Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members.
• Ensure own and sub-ordinates’ IDPs are agreed and implemented.
• Recognise and reward team member efforts.
• Ability to work accurately and under pressure.
• Problem solving skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Planning and organising skills.
The candidate will be appointed on the condition of being certified medically fit as per Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996. Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged groups to support the company’s employment equity plan.
Remuneration: Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package. The successful candidate that conforms to all said requirements and experience will be appointed on this grading. A candidate that does not conform to all set requirements and experience will be considered only if a suitable candidate that does comply cannot be selected and only if the requirements of the position support a developmental appointment according to policy.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Kathu, Northern Cape
100,000 - 130,000
Khatu, Northern Cape
Kathu, Northern Cape
Kathu, Northern Cape
$110,000/year - 150,000/year
19 February 2020
07 February 2020