We currently seek a high caliber NICET Fire Sprinkler Technician for a long-term basis within our client’s team of experienced professionals.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Our client has a position for a Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Layout, NICET Certified Technician, to join the Fire Protection Engineering Team in support of various Federal Government projects. Our clients' Federal Solutions group provides a broad array of engineering services to its clients including Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design.
• Interpret and apply applicable Codes and Standards including IBC, IFC, and NFPA 13, 20, 22, and 24
• Perform hydraulic calculations using computer software and manually
• Prepare fire sprinkler system layout, design fire pump system, and related specifications
• Prepare stock listing, cost estimates, product data sheets, and installation requirements
• Prepare as-built drawings
• Comply with all client and Federal safety policies
• Visit construction sites or frequent travel with overnight stay
• Inspect new or existing installations, prepare reports, and make recommendations
• Minimum NICET Level III Certification in Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Layout
• 5+ years of design experience in Fire Sprinkler Systems layout, design, and hydraulic calculations
• Must be able to complete design projects start to finish, while working independently
• Project management experience; able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
• Experience with, working knowledge of, REVIT, AutoCAD, BIM, AutoSPRINK, HASS, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra.
• Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and find solutions.
• Work in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment
• Must be able to obtain Governmental clearances
• Experience with NFPA 11, 15, 16, and 750
• Field experience in fire sprinkler pipefitting and installation.
• Project management
• College Degree
• Qualified candidate will have the ability to work from any one of our clients' US offices.
• Virtual ? Subject to evaluation and management approval
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ora Chak; email: Ora.Chak@trsstaffing.com
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
St. Croix California
Mount Pleasant South Carolina
$130000 - $150000
Mount Pleasant South Carolina