In particular, the sub-programme you will be working on is the Supply Chain Transformation Expansion (SCTX) within the Logistics Delivery Operating Centre (LDOC) of DE&S that is tasked to ‘Transform the UK Strategic Base Defence Supply Chain (DSC) to meet the needs of Joint Force 2025 and beyond.”
This individual will need the following skillset:
1. Be familiar with the evaluation of a warehousing facility considering the material condition of the building, fixtures and fittings.
2. Develop understanding of the facility, its suitability, limitations, capacity and efficiency from a storage and process perspective both in terms of current operation and future potential operation.
3. Be able to evaluate the suitability and potential of the management systems and processes deployed in a facility and be able to develop a SWOT understanding accordingly.
4. Consider the storage media and capabilities utilised in a facility and the potential to utilise alternative configurations to optimise utilisation.
5. Be able to understand the cost structures and elements that constitute a warehouse cost base and interrogate them accordingly.
6. Be able to map the process flow of consignments moving through the facility and identify opportunities for optimisation.
7. Should be aware of current IS developments in WMS and Facility Management and identify SWOTs accordingly.
Previous experience working in Defence is preferred. You must be a sole UK National and either have or have the ability to go through security clearance.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please contact David Draper.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Our latest jobs
£40000 - £60000
CA$150000 - CA$200000
£70000 - £80000
45000 - 60000
£65000 - £75000
CA$90000 - CA$120000