The Planning Engineer will be responsible for preparing planning and scheduling, monitoring the progress and forecasting of the project to ensure it is completed in a timely fashion. You will conduct assessments to identify and limit risks and provide appropriate solutions when the project team is faced with unexpected challenges. You will be the connecting engineer between all disciplines and activities. The Planning Engineer will report to the Project Controls Manager (PCM).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/Execute the planning, progress measurement and forecasting including KPI’s, taking into account the project constraints;
- Ensure planning and progress measurement set-up reflects scope of work, key milestones, client obligations and project requirements in accordance with the Project Controls Plan;
- Develop the detailed schedule taking into consideration project constraints such as resource availability and Project Execution Plan;
- Support and monitor the engineering works both done in house and performed by third parties of the project;
- Gather actual progress data from disciplines and databases;
- Consolidate and check consistency of data;
- Set-up and maintain planning tools and procedures
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders involved with planning and progress measurement activities;
- Determine the impact of changes and how they will affect the schedule;
- Issue internal reporting and progress measurements.
- Delivering internal reports in the field of overall planning, resource planning) and productivity.
- MBO/Bachelor degree in a technical field;
- At least 7 years planning experience (within the Chemical or Oil & Gas industry);
- Experienced and highly skilled in MS Office (Excel) and project planning tools (MS Project and Primavera);
- Strong communication, planning and control skills;
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English (written and oral). Dutch is an advantage.
- Pro-active all-around individual;
- Team player and a natural communicator;
- Act in an ethical manner;
Our latest jobs
Johannesburg South Africa
₹400000 - ₹600000
Mexico Distrito Federal
MEX$30000 - MEX$30000
Ciudad de México
₹300000 - ₹400000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
20 November 2020