The Procurement Manager Constructors has a key role to ensure compliance, credibility and trust of the procurement function in the businesses. He/she is responsible to functionally manage the procurement resources to support business needs (e.g. projects) and drive procurement agenda. As part of the Business Management Team he/she is responsible to have the procurement and category strategy implemented in the business, ensure early involvement in Lead to Order Process, enforce compliance to Procurement policies and processes. Stakeholder management, influencing, change management, leadership and being a role model are crucial to be successful.
Purpose of the job
Responsible for managing all large (E)PC Project related procurement activities;
- Estimate support – obtain market information/provide commercial (cost & schedule) estimate input
- Prepare Project Procurement man-hour estimates / Organise Project Procurement teams
- (Support-) Preparation of Project sourcing strategies, (support-) set up Procurement Status Reporting
- Guide and support Project Procurement teams in the field to obtain the Project objectives
- Work towards understanding and alignment with all stakeholders involved in Project execution / obtain the required support within the organisation to enable Procurement teams to execute their work to the set standards.
- Ensure continuous alignment between business objectives and procurement strategy, projects and policies.
- Manage all stakeholders in business Line Constructors – part of MT of Business Line and Regional Procurement Management Team.
- Ensure business compliance and stakeholder engagement in supply chain and procurement initiatives and translate procurement strategies to business specifics.
- Functionally lead the (Sr.) Project Buyers and Operational Buyers in the business procurement team located in the regional solution centres.
- Leading & Supervising (L)
- Supervising and Monitoring Behaviour
- Coaching, Delegating and Motivating others
- Developing Staff
- Delivering results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Focussing on Customer needs and Satisfaction
- Setting High Standards for Quality
- Maintaining Productivity Levels
- Driving Project to Results
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking (L)
- Monitoring Markets and Competitors
- Identifying Business Opportunities
- Demonstrating Financial awareness
- Keeping Aware of Organizational Issues
- Planning and Organising
- Managing Time, resources and progress
- Managing Resources
- Monitoring Progress
- Persuading and Influencing
- Promoting Ideas
- Dealing with Political Issues
- HBO / University education level
- Does have substantial experience in managing procurement (teams) on larger (E)PC Projects.
- Does have excellent communication skills and is a real team player in multi-disciplinary (project-) teams.
- Has seniority and is respected procurement professional, experienced negotiator
- Has successfully transformed business needs into procurement strategy and visa versa
- Proven track record to drive change of supply chain processes and ability to develop and motivate people (Business and Procurement) – driving demand management
- Understand market dynamics and supportive to innovation (tools, methods, digitization)
- Strong Procure to Pay process understanding; optimize workflows and eliminate waste using LEAN principles
- Good business writing and presenting skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Understand (technical) project organisation
Our latest jobs
Ciudad de México
Ciudad de México
£80 per hour
£65-75k per annum
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
Lake Charles, LA
Based on current contracting rates
19 February 2020
07 February 2020