FUNCTION: PRODUCTION MANAGER
DISCIPLINE: PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE ON EXPERIENCE
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE ONLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN LOCAL CITIZENS
“WE ARE RECRUITING!!! Due to increased current and future workload with our diverse client base, TRS Durban is recruiting technical / engineering professionals to work in Durban and Cape Town."
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The main role of a Production Manager is to oversee the manufacturing process within a company and to ensure that production lines run without any problems and minimum downtime.
- Working together with supervisors and top management, they also ensure that products are manufactured to a certain quality standard and adheres to other safety/industry-related regulations.
- Manage and support SHEQ initiatives and objectives.
- Define, propose and implement the annual production.
- Cost management of products and assist with new product costings models.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Manage all activities within the production process, including maintenance and the workforce.
- Handle logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
- Manage all teams within your production department (contracts/leave/pay).
- Create and implement organisational/production changes on an operative level.
- Focus on growing business and revenue by implementing necessary changes to product/production line to enter new markets or grow existing territories.
- BSc/Btech qualification in Production and Operations Management.
- 12+ years technical experience in Manufacturing Industry.
Steven Van Rooyen
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
Our latest jobs
Market Related (Neg)
Durban, South Africa
$55k - $60k
$52k - $62k (plus annual bonus)
$65k - $75k
60,000 - 70,000
75,000 - 85,000
19 February 2020
07 February 2020