San Leandro California
Semiconductor (Ultra High Purity Fab), Biopharmaceutical (FDA - cGMP Protocal), Process Piping, Underground Utility (Site Utility), Healthcare (Medical Gas, Seismic Bracing, Plumbing, HVAC), Waste Water Treatment, and Hospitality (Plumbing, HVAC)
Summary of position:
The self-directed Project Executive must have extensive knowledge of the mechanical construction business, including estimating, scheduling and cost control, general knowledge of code requirements, ability to read blue-prints, budget preparation, negotiation skills, time management, computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ability to adapt to construction software. The PX will provide overall management and direction of the preconstruction and construction efforts on projects assigned by the Company Division Vice President. Accurately and fully inform the Company Division Vice President of each project’s overall status. Develop new business opportunities relative to client, group of clients, or type of projects.
Requirements / Must haves:
1. Provide leadership to project manager(s).
2. Plan, organize and staff key field project management positions through corporate department heads. Ensure adequate staff resources are onsite in a timely manner.
3. Review and approve project team onsite set-up including facilities and equipment.
4. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company programs. This includes the set-up of project incentives (to be approved by the Div Vice President prior to implementation).
5. Ensure the company safety program is followed and safety culture is maximized.
6. Ensure timely scheduling of Turnover and Kickoff Meetings and effectiveness of same.
7. Initiate and maintain relationships with client and A/E contacts to facilitate pre-construction and construction activities as well as promote future opportunities. Promote Company Mission Statement – “we want our clients to feel the need…..”
8. Supervise and provide advice, guidance, and direction to Project Managers to help their professional development while ensuring they are working per company guidelines.
9. Oversee the financial aspects of projects including but not limited to budget set up, schedule of values, change order development and procedures, material/equipment buyouts, scheduling, forecasting, labor tracking, CTC preparation etc. Review profit projections with project manager, controlling costs and maximizing possible profit/minimizing possible losses.
10. Oversee the financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, subcontracts, change orders, SOV’s, etc). Maintain a thorough understanding of the client contract and oversee company operations to achieve contract compliance.
11. Maintain positive relationships with the subcontractor community.
12. Oversee overall quality and quantity of work performed.
13. Assure an orderly and efficient project closeout.
14. Be knowledgeable of the project status, project events, and the pulse of the job. Anticipate and look out for potential problems.
15. Review and assist with project claims, legal issues, and potential legal issues.
16. Participate on the Safety Committee and Strategic Planning Committees.
17. Promote proactive planning and strategies on each project to maximize margin enhancement, client development, leadership identification and development, etc.
18. Promote culture where issues are effectively dealt with at the project level or are immediately “bucked up” to Project Director and/or Company executives for resolution.
19. Promote communication of all “Lessons Learned” – see that project post mortems are meaningfully conducted.
20. Look for leadership at all levels of the project including the field.
21. Develop and maintain “Best Practices” for project management.
22. Participate in and follow up to ensure weekly staff meetings are conducted and are effectively capturing issues and action items identified and completed timely.
23. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Company Div Vice President.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
$129500 - $246000
Greenville South Carolina
$84500 - $152500
Greenville South Carolina
$110000 - $150000
San Leandro California
Mexico Distrito Federal
£50000 - £75000
25 February 2021
09 February 2021