We are currently seeking a high caliber PV Project Engineer (Solar/Electrical) within our client’s team of experienced professionals. This is a DIRECT HIRE position based in Irvine, CA.
Summary of position:
The Photovoltaic Project Engineer will provide engineering support to the EPC team, and is responsible for managing all stages of project design. Travel expected up to 10% of the time.
Requirements / Must haves:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional engineering experience in the solar industry
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or another related engineering science
• Relevant work experience in the design and development of power plants (in particular solar or wind power plants)
• Willingness to travel, at least 10% of the time
• Experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent)
• Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (preferably PVSyst)
• Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Gantt charts (MS Project or equivalent)
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
• Previous experience managing projects from initial design to installation and execution, preferred
• Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred
• Assist in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as customer requirements, balance of systems, siting, permitting and technical support during construction phase
• Assist project implementation in collaboration with the Project Manager and Senior Project Engineer during planning and construction to assure quality and execution according to schedule
• Assist in the development and review of energy production models, project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
• Coordinate external resources such as structural, civil and electrical engineer consult- ants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, other specialized professionals as needed and suppliers
• Create, deliver and maintain drawing packages and project documentation
• In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and deliver photovoltaic projects
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product development
• Assist with technical training to other team members and new employees
• Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
• Prepare conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts, single-line diagrams, etc.
• Prepare bid packages for subcontractors including scope of work, schedule, project description, and conceptual design
• Perform energy generation modeling for solar projects using PVSyst and other tools
• Assist in preparation of proposals
• Assist O&M Team with Operational Power plants for technical and performance based tasks
• Assist in field with testing, commissioning and start-up of constructed power plants
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Christine Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-349-4220.
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our latest jobs
£550 per day
110,000 - 130,000 Euro