ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• • Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
• • Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
• • Assist in process certification and audits in accordance with quality standards.
• • Review customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
• • Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
• • Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
• • Develop and maintain supplier qualification process
• • Review suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
• • Participate in internal and external quality audits.
• • Serve as the Quality Assurance representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB).
• • May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
• • Work within the company policies to manage the quality assurance aspects of new product introduction.
• • Provide oversight of the manufacture of products to ensure that engineering documentation is consistent with manufacturing methods employed.
• • Coordinate activities associated with “first article build” of new products, ensuring that fabricated items are traceable to documented standards at the time of release of product into the production mode.
• • Develop test methods/procedures to support product validation efforts.
• • Maintain test equipment to traceable standards accepted in the aerospace, defense, energy, construction, and medical industry.
• • Perform validation tests to meet customer specifications.
• • Generate test reports of validation tests.
• • Develop and maintain Supplier Qualification Process
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have the following:
• • At least 4 years of work experience in Quality Assurance field should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Engineer, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, supporting quality departments.
• • Experience with ISO9001 Quality System requirements, regulations, including planning and implementation. Also, NAVSEA experience preferred.
• • Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
• • Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
• • PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, documentation s/w, statistical software) essential.
• • Experience with performing internal audits, calibration system, and document control.
• • General knowledge of associated machinery and processing preferred.
• • Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
• • Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or Associate’s degree in these fields plus minimum 4 years heavy industrial experience).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, quality manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer’s top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
Our latest jobs
CA$80000 - CA$90000
Prince George British Columbia
$70000 - $70000
Goose Creek South Carolina
Mount Pleasant South Carolina
$130000 - $155000
Ft. Meade Anne Arundel
Fort Wainwright Alaska