You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
TRS are sourcing for a Rail Cyber Security Engineer to join our esteemed client. This is a permanent, full-time role and is located in Toronto, ON.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conducting rail systems design assessments to ensure compliance with cybersecurity standards.
- Evaluating the design compliance of rail subsystems disciplines with both relevant standards and contractual requirements.
- Providing expert advice to clients regarding compliance with applicable standards and defining contractual requirements.
- Generating technical reports to document the analysis conducted.
- Collaborating with various disciplines, including rail systems, and working closely with project managers to support the completion of assigned tasks.
- Delivering reports and analyses within agreed timelines and adhering to project deadlines.
- Compiling reports for both internal and external purposes based on findings.
- Presenting technical information in both traditional and innovative formats for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Offering guidance on the best approaches and solutions to resolve vulnerabilities and threats.
- Conducting necessary research and data gathering for Technical Advisory work.
- Creating work plans, deliverables, and effort estimations for upcoming periods.
- Serving as a key personnel in the management of requirements and requirements databases within the respective area.
- Advising on and documenting identified risks, as well as proposing mitigation actions.
- Participating in multiple projects across their lifecycles, from market engagement to project closeout, understanding industry trends and best practices.
- Involvement in local Professional Associations.
Qualifications: To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Electronic, Information Systems, or similar).
- Demonstrated prior experience in Rail & Transit Infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with Rail Communication systems and SCADA applications. - Familiarity with Rail Train Control and Signaling systems.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals related to transportation.
- Experience in conducting cyber security risk assessments in a rail environment. - Security certification such as CISSP, CISM, or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of compliance with regional rail cyber legislation.
- Ability to identify and document security gaps and propose mitigation actions.
- Ability to stay current on emerging security threats and technologies, and research and recommend new solutions.
- Effective prioritization, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to balance assigned work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, essential for team-based collaboration.
- Presentation skills suitable for colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future, to be eligible for this role.
Preferred Qualifications: Additionally, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Electronic, Information Systems, or similar).
- Professional engineer accreditation.
- Coursework related to transportation design.
- Knowledge of applicable codes such as AREMA, Agency Design Standards, NEC/NFPA, and related specifications and standards for the design of the above elements.
- Understanding of requirements management tools such as IBM DOORS or Perforce Helix.
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" Life Cycle Process.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software like MicroStation and AutoCAD for layout design.
- Strong data processing and analysis skills using tools like Excel, VBA, Python, or others.
- Experience in applying Enterprise Architecture security frameworks (e.g., SABSA) and implementing cybersecurity frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF, ISO27001).
- Certification in ISA/IEC 62443 would be desirable.
- Knowledge of CLC/TS 50701:2021 is a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your Word formatted resume to email@example.com
TRS Staffing Solutions Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Salary ranges are estimated and may be negotiable depending on the candidate's level and quantity of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
United States Cheyenne
$ 79500 - $ 138000
United States Sacramento
United States Kingsport
United States Greenville
United States Greensboro
$ 20 - $ 25
United States Harrison
$ 33 - $ 35
United States Harrison
United States Greenville
22 September 2023