You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Mission and Job Summary
The role’s mission is managing the administrative services for the APAC region of Versalis, coordinating and integrating the entities present in the area to be compliant with the Group standard and requirements.
In coordinating the services, the Senior Accounting and Tax Coordinator needs to maintain proper accounting systems and records, to comply with all legal and fiscal requirements, company, and group procedures for the companies the administration services are provided to.
Reporting Line: Head of Accounting, Finance and Control
Main Key Responsibilities
Tasks and responsibilities may vary and develop as the role and business progresses, thus the list in not to be considered exhaustive:
- Managing the tax and administrative services.
- Prepare and record all general ledger entries in accordance with accounting standards and company policies (sales, purchases, income, receipts and payments).
- Oversee and maintain proper accounting systems and records on a current basis, to comply with all legal and fiscal requirements, and in line with the company and group procedures.
- Participate to the control of passive invoices (receipts), assessing the data is correct and complete and that the invoices correspond with contracts of purchase and/or swaps.
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing and follow up on the long-time outstanding items.
- Ensure that all fiscal and legal matters pertaining to the accounting activities are complied with.
- Preparation of monthly reports and filing to various government bodies such as tax return filing, statistic reporting.
- Prepare, apply and maintain the company accounting policy, chart of accounts and other accounting related procedures.
- Preparation of the financial statements.
- Liaise with Internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with Internal and external service suppliers for transactional accounting related activities.
- Work with external consultants to ensure tax and accounting related compliance.
- Prepare accurate and adequate information for management on a timely basis in compliance with Group financial reporting requirements.
- Participate in trade credit and banking relationships, perform bank reconciliations properly.
- Prepare documentation and present it to the Government Bodies as necessary.
- Cooperate and work closely with other colleagues to ensure that clients assignments are completed in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve process/procedures.
- Ability to challenge the current status-quo and take leadership to drive improvement.
- Adaptable, willing to learn, high level of integrity and ownership with good communication skill.
- Strong teamwork skills promoting a positive team-based environment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
- CPA or equivalent certificate is required.
- 6+ years’ experience of finance or accounting.
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns).
- Good understanding of taxation principles (both direct and indirect taxes).
- Good knowledge of Office suite.
- Previous knowledge of SAP system.
- Proficient in written/spoken Chinese and English.
- Good client service skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- General Knowledge of any other APAC regions GAAP and Tax mutual agreement with Singapore is a strong plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Our latest jobs
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mooresboro North Carolina
Lower Mainland British Columbia
22 September 2023
17 August 2023