This is a project-based role reporting directly to the Project Construction Manager and functionally to the AEM Regional Manager Health and Safety
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Be responsible for planning, management and inspection of preventive activities, the permanent assessment of the working environment and the development of strategies to address any identified issue.
• Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to project personnel on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of ‘no harm’ during the project.
• Promote a culture in where health and safety is a core value.
• Together with project and construction management, develop and implement the project health and safety policy, safety management plan and standards. Ensure it is aligned with the Client, the company and legislative requirements for safety management systems and delivery approach.
• Ensure inclusion of health and safety in preparation of Safety management Plan – Project as documented in the Project Execution Plans, definitions of objectives and project kickoff.
• Provide assistance in all precontract, tender assessment and contract administration for projects in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations as required.
• Review contractor’s safety management plans and safe operating procedures before work commences.
• Define local statutory and regulatory requirements and ensure implementation and compliance on the project
• Compile project specific health and safety set up documentation aligned with the company’s corporate health and safety requirements.
• Lead and facilitate the project hazard analysis and risk assessment process across all project disciplines.
• Ensure the implementation and support of behavior-based health and safety, Working Together Safely (WTS) and the safety information management system on the project.
• Lead and participate in project incident investigations and reporting.
• Measure implementation of corrective actions from incident investigations.
• Develop, implement, and coordinate the process of health and safety reporting on the project.
• Implement, and coordinate incident reporting, analysis, and statistical returns for the project with consideration for client, legal and the company’s reporting requirements.
• Ensure project health and safety indicators and reviews are planned, implemented, and reported.
• Coordinate and submit project weekly health and safety leading indicator and information reports.
• Prepare, implement, and review project emergency response plans.
• Implement and manage the project audit program for the company and all contractors.
• Measure compliance with project rules, safety management plans and health and safety procedures.
• Perform duties as stipulated in the Safety management Plan – Project as documented in the Project Execution Plans.
• Ensure performance, assessment, training and development for project health and safety staff.
• Manage the identification of health and safety training needs for personnel, including project staff and contractors.
• Implement a project health and safety training program based on needs analysis and existing client and contractor training programs.
• Provide and assist with application of workplace, health and safety systems support and procedures for use by staff.
• Review experience and qualification of all contractor Health and Safety staff before allowing mobilization to the project
You bring to the role:
Qualifications and Experience
• Swedish citizen
• More than 5 years of experience in construction health and safety roles
• Fully conversant in Swedish and English
• Fully familiar with Swedish legislative requirements and Systematic Work Environment Management (AFS 2001:1Eng), provisions - Arbetsmiljöverket (av.se)
• High level of computer skills
• High level of organisational skill and able to work under pressure
• Specific experience and training/qualification requirements:
o Formal 3-4 year degree, diploma in Health and Safety or similar qualification from a recognised/registered training body/university (preferred).
o Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
o Incident management (reporting and investigation)
o Auditing and inspection
o Monitoring, measurement and analysis of health and safety performance
o Working at heights (includes fall protection, arial platforms, scaffolding,boom and scisor lifts)
o Hot work
o Cranes & lifting operations
o Isolation and Lockout
o Hazardous Chemical Substances
Why join us?
• Develop innovation partnerships
• Think locally, work globally
• Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
• Flexible work environment.
• Long term career development
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Inspector, Sustainability, Compliance, Engineering, Legal, Quality, Energy
Our latest jobs
CA$80000 - CA$100000
$103000 - $184000
Mexico DF Distrito Federal
CA$100000 - CA$150000
Victoria British Columbia
Mexico DF Distrito Federal