This role requires expert level experience in levels 1-3 automation systems such as Rockwell automation systems. The ideal candidate will have several years of steel and/or aluminum mill experience.
• Provide technical support for procurement specifications, quality control, non-conformance, respecification or design, and test applications
• Preparation of all project documentation, issue contracts, follow fabrication of equipment, install equipment into facilities
• Support projects including participation in all interface meetings, providing input to cost and schedule estimates, development of project reports, presentation of cognizant information and other related project support identified by project leadership requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in any applicable engineering/technology from an accredited engineering program
• Ten (10) years of related experience and training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Steel / Aluminum mill or other heavy industrial projects
• Expert level knowledge in Level 1, 2 & 3 Automation Systems
o PLC Systems with strong knowledge of Rockwell Automation Platforms (Control Logix and various Logix IO systems)
o HMI Systems with strong knowledge of Rockwell Automation Platforms (RS View Platforms)
o Strong knowledge of SCADA, Production & Equipment Tracking and Production Recipe systems (Level 2 / 3 systems).
o Expert Level knowledge of Ethernet/IP and redundancy systems
• Expert at the design, specification and startup of the systems above, with special emphasis on Data and Communication Interfaces (VFD, Inter-Systems, etc.)
• Deep understanding of IT/OT Security (network & Data) and the implementation of these systems, procedures and protocols
• Experience with Greenfield startup, including Engineering Reviews, Field Changes, Field Routing Changes, etc.
• Rockwell PLC/PAC Systems and software (RS Logix, RS View, etc.)
• Rockwell Ethernet/IP and Profibus
• Database and Data Transfer Protocols
• Experience in the design, specification, installation, QC/QA and startup commissioning of the following:
o Multiple networked PLC Control Systems
o Interfacing Rockwell Automation systems with OEM Proprietary Systems
o Specifying, Bidding and Awarding of Automation System and Hardware contracts; with a keen understanding of Cost and Budget Control.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams with varying educational, professional, and cultural background using verbal and written communication
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Our latest jobs
CA$110000 - CA$130000
$80000 - $85000
Spartanburg South Carolina
$90000 - $110000
San Jose California
Quintana Roo México
Mexico DF Distrito Federal